-42-

"Everything is green, you'll be on air iiiinnn" one of the ladies says into their headphones. She had taught Dan and Phil everything they needed to know, and that was a lot. Dan was very confused by all of  the technology in front of him, but he was slowly learning, and at least got the basics of  how to put on songs, and mute him microphone, which was all he really  needed to know how to do on a first day basis.

"3, 2," Dan stopped dazing off, realizing that was the girl counting down to the start of the show. "1," she says, pressing a button signaling a sound into their headphones.

"Hellloooo!!" Dan and Phil exclaim simultaneously.

"I'm Phil," Phil introduces himself, "and I'm here with my good friend Dan,"

"That's me" Dan says, cackling awkwardly. "We're going to be taking over for your 9 o'clock show today, so..." he ends leaving a silence.

Phil picks it up though, trying to make sure that the show didn't get too boring,

"Yes, and we're going to be starting you off with a song that we felt appropriate, maybe give you a little bit of inspiration."

"Yes," Dan laughs, "This is All Star, by Smash Mouth."

They both mute their microphones. Dan was even more nervous than he imagined he'd be.

"Dan, you've got to talk more love, we don't want people to get bored."  That same lady from behind the glass.

Dan stays quiet and nods, he knows he's doing everything wrong. He felt awful, he didn't want to screw this up for Phil.

"It's okay," Phil reassures him, "Just be natural, pretend like nobody's paying attention," He smiles at Dan, comforting him so much more. Dan nods, as the song begins to end, looking at the paper for what he's supposed to begin talking about next.

"And we are back," He says, "Since we are new to the show, we figured we'd let some of you call in and ask us some questions, so get your phone out and get ready to dial"

"And the number is..." Phil starts, letting the automated system repeat the number about three times.

"So start calling with some questions!" Phil exclaims.

The two boys waited for a few minutes, as they cued for Uprising by Muse to play quietly. No calls came, and that made Dan's heart drop. Phil wouldn't be getting this job, all because he made a bad first impression on the listeners. 

After a few more seconds, that little "1" lit up green, and Dan and Phil had their first caller.

Dan grinned and pressed the button,

"And we have our first caller, whats your name?" he asked.

The girl said her name and asked a generic question, which lead to the two boys making jokes and laughing, and therefore urging more people to call.

Dan opened up much more until a specific caller.

"Hello caller 12, what's your name and what have you got to ask us today?" Phil answers.

"I'm Charlotte, and I was calling to ask if you and Dan are together. I think you would make a really cute couple!"

How could Charly do this?

Dan had never felt more nervous, and angry at his friend.

- - -

530 words

a/n! !

HELLLLLOOOOO

long time no update!!

so im going to try and update tomorrow, but after that itll be a couple more weeks because i have to wait till i get another laptop.

but it definitely feels great to be back.

also if you guys havent yet, please go follow my other account

laneyisgay

, which is where i keep anything original. if you guys didnt see my last update, please go read it its called "FuCkIn FiNaLlY" because those of you who enjoy my writing wont want to miss out on it. its also very important to me that you read it.

i also did just publish a short story to my other account so please go check them out :))

i also decided that im going to start responding to comments much more so go ahead and comment shit, i will be sure to respond.

ONE LAST THING

PLEASE GO TO MY ACCOUNT AND GO TO CONVERSATIONS/RECENT ACTIVITY AND RESPOND TO MY LATEST MESSAGE WITH A QUESTION! YOU CAN ASK ANYTHING YOU LIKE, AND IT MIGHT BE THE NEXT QUESTION OF THE DAY WITH MY NEXT UPDATE !

thats all!

-lae x

QOTD: what is your favorite T.V. show?

AOTD: friends :)