-36-

Dan had a great sense of relief now that he told all his friends and Peyton, however ever since him and Phil had that moment he couldn't stop thinking about it. He couldn't stop thinking about how beautiful he was beside the flaw of him looking so tired. It pissed him off. He wished they could have that all the time, and then he wouldn't be tired like that. Wanna know why? Because Dan would never treat Phil the way Peyton does. She was so stuck up and complained about everything, it disgusted Dan that Phil could bear to be around her for even two minutes. All she ever did was tear down other people's self-esteems for her own ego.

He just wanted to take all the feelings he had for Phil out of their cage and love him, but he couldn't. Even though he knew that deep down, Phil didn't love Peyton, not like he used to. Dan could see the Peyton Phil once knew and loved was long gone, and Dan would have done anything to help him realize that. However he ignored it because it was wrong to get in the way of it, so he just sat home, not working a job, playing video games.

- - - - -

Phil enters the house excitedly, startling Dan because he wasn't expecting it.

"Guess who got you a job interview?!" He exclaimed. Dan looks back at Phil his eyes wide.

"You what?" Dan asks in disbelief.

"Well for some reason my boss quit and the lady who got promoted to be boss was one of my best friends from work! So she offered me a Radio show because apparently, someone quit when Sheri left. Anyways, I asked her if you could interview to be with me because you make me much more entertaining and she said yes!" Phil says, excited in the most adorable way to Dan.

"No way!" Dan exclaims.

"Yes way, it's tomorrow, and if it goes well there will not only be a show tomorrow but every Tuesday! How cool is that?" Phil asks.

"Way cool!" Dan says, pausing to calm down, but he gets up and traps Phil in a hug. "Thank you."

"You don't need to thank me," Phil responds, blushing.

"Don't need to thank you?" Dan asks, pulling away. "Phil! This is great for me, I've been looking for something that will make me happy for so long, and not only will I now be working with music, and getting to express myself, I get to do it with you, my best friend. Like I'm so happy about it I could- I could kiss you!" Dan blurts without thinking.

"I-" Phil begins, wanting nothing more than to give Dan wants, for whatever reason. "Okay." He says.

"Sorry." Dan chuckles awkwardly. "I just got excited." The two stand there in silence for a second.

"That's not the point, though, I'm really thankful, thanks, Phil."

They stand there a bit more, a tension that was hard to define between, which was soon interrupted by Dan's phone ringing. He furrows his eyebrows, noticing the number is unknown, however answering it anyways.

"Uhm, hello?"

"Is this Daniel Howell?" The woman on the phone asks softly.

"Um yes, who is this?" He questions.

"This is Manchester Hospital, we were calling to let you know your mother was emitted here, and you are the closest family member to her. She got into a terrible car crash" She responds.

"Wait what? She was supposed to come weeks ago!" Dan says, confused. "Maybe even months!"

"I'm sorry sir, but you must get here. She is not in good condition, we're afraid she may pass within the next few hours." The woman lets Dan know, cautiously.

"O-okay, I'm on my way." Dan agree, hanging up the phone

"What's wrong?" Phil asks.

"My mum, she's going to die," Dan says.

---

639 words

yeah this is a short one.

so how'd u like it hope you do.

thts all byes

-lae xx

QOTD: any phobias/fears

AOTD: being forgotten about, the dark, and death. also clowns.