-43-

Dan and Phil both stand there, jaws to the ground, wide eyed.

Phil looks at Dan, confused, as if asking if that was their good friend Charly and Dan nodded.

It seemed as though Phil wasn't going to be the one to answer that question, and Dan had tried, but he couldn't. The words wouldn't come out.

"Uh, no, unfortunately." Dan blurts. "Thanks for calling!"

'UNFORTUNATELY???' Dan thinks to himself. "no, unfortunately."

Dan hated himself, Phil was definitely going to suspect him now.

"That's all the callers for today." Phil says, cutting Dan from his thoughts. "Thanks for calling! Here's some songs, we'll be back in a bit"

Phil presses a button, causing songs to play over the radio, and both the boys took off their headsets.

"I'm gonna go call her," Dan says, sighing.

"Wait," Phil says, gripping Dan's wrist as he turns away. "Why would she do that?"

Dan pauses for a minute, not wanting to lie to Phil. Not to those beautiful blue eyes.

'But you have to', his mind told him.

"I have no clue, that's what I'm going to try to figure out." Dan lies, feeling immediately guilty.

Phil nods, and releases his grip on Dan's wrist, as he begins to walk away. Dan leaves the room for a bit, informing the woman on the other side of the window that it'd be a while, and that Phil could take over on his own.

"Well you seem a bit nervous, you're doing great though. Both of you should consider yourselves hired."

"Thanks so much!" Dan's eyes light up. "I really gotta go, but I'll be back before the show ends.

The woman nods, with a sweet smile.

Dan dials up Charly, as soon as he gets outside.

"Yes?" She answers.

"What the hell was that?" Dan asks, trying to contain his anger.

"Encouragement." She responds simply.

"You have no right to do that! I can't believe you!" Dan yells.

"Whoa, calm down sister, you're  the one putting off your feelings." She groans.

"He has a girlfriend!"

"Do you honestly think he loves her, Dan?" She asks, beginning to get angry.

"It doesn't matter!" Dan begins getting extremely angry. "You already couldn't let me naturally figure out my fucking sexuality, and now you're forcing me onto Phil! My best friend! Do you want me to lose my best friend?"

"I-" Charlotte begins.

"Save it, Charly." Dan says, more calm now. "It's okay to support me, and try to get me to do what you think I should do, but you can't force things like that on me! This isn't your life! It's mine, and that's not your place."

"Dan-"

"No!!!!" He yells "Good bye" He hangs up, feeling immediately bad, tears running down his face, he walks over to a nearby bench and buries his head in his hands. He thinks about everything that went down, wishing that he could just be normal. He just wanted to like girls. It would be so much easier than this. Phil may be suspecting him now, and that might make it awkward between the two, and it might ruin everything. And at this point, he wasn't sure if he even wanted to talk to Charly anymore.

Dan is taken from his thoughts when a pair of warm arms are wrapped around him.

"Wha- Who?" Dan asks.

The pair of arms let go, and Dan looks up to reveal who it is.

"Oh, hey Phil."

"Hey, why are you crying?" Phil asks, looking concerned.

"I dunno, I just don't think I did very good up there." Dan lies again, hating doing so.

"Shh..." Phil says, rubbing the crying Dan's shoulder with his hand. "You did great."

"Thanks..."

"So did you talk to Charly?" He asks, after a moment of silence.

"Yeah," Dan begins, "It was just a silly little prank, nothing much."

Phil nods, and Dan could tell there was something else on his mind.

"Anything else?"

"No, I was just wondering what Charly was doing." Phil says.

"Well, we better get back up there." Dan says, suddenly remembering the show was still going on.

"It's actually ended early," Phil looks up. "Weather issues, so we better get back home now."

"Oh okay,"

Phil extends an arm, with a smile, helping Dan up.

That smile.

Phil's damned smile.

Dan couldn't take it anymore.

'Ugh...'  he thought.

---

701 words

a/n

helllloooo

not much to say this chapter, accept this will be the last update for a while, as i wont have a laptop, but I will in a week. i hope you enjoyed this chapter

PLEASE GO TO MY ACCOUNT AND GO TO CONVERSATIONS/RECENT ACTIVITY AND RESPOND TO MY LATEST MESSAGE WITH A QUESTION! YOU CAN ASK ANYTHING YOU LIKE, AND IT MIGHT BE THE NEXT QUESTION OF THE DAY WITH MY NEXT UPDATE !

-lae x

QOTD:  if you could change your hair to be like anything (ex. Naturally bright blue, to your shoulders, and very curly) what would it be like

(asked by   -touloser-  )

AOTD: well, if youve seen my 'don't read this' chapter, you know that i have really long, straight dark brown hair, but actually since then ive cut it to almost shoulder length and bleached my tips, and to be honest, i wouldnt change it.