-27-

(this chapter is extremely violent, read at your own risk.)

Dan frantically hung up on his mom, and rang Phil.

"Hello-" Phil answered.

"Phil I need you to come back over, now. It's important." Dan said, tears pooling in his eyes out of sheer terror.

"Okay, Dan are you alright?" Phil asked, worried for his friend.

"No, Phil, Please... Just hurry." Dan said, a tear falling down his soft cheek.

"I'll be there as soon as possible okay? Leave the door unlocked and just stay on the couch."

"O-Okay." Dan whimpered.

Phil make a quick U-Turn, angering many other drivers around him and sped toward Dan's flat building again. He rushed up the stairs, afraid the elevator he discovered last time he was here would take too long. Phil swung Dan's door open to find him in the corner of his couch, knees drawn to his chest, crying. It was strange for Phil to see Dan this way. He usually had a sarcastic, "I don't care" kind of attitude, accept when they first met. So it was strange seeing Dan so vulnerable.

"Dan? What's wrong? Are you okay?" Phil asked frantically, sitting on the couch, next to Dan.

"M-my mom. She was the one who called. She said she's c-coming over, and I upset her on the call and she said to remember N-november 10th. Phil I can't do this." Dan cried.

"What? What's November 10th?" Phil asked, wanting desperately to help Dan.

"It's not good, not good at all." Dan said, his breathing getting heavier.

"Dan, calm down and talk to me, please."

This didn't help. Dan started breathing faster and heavier, as if he wasn't able to breathe.

"Dan? Are you okay?" Phil got louder.

"I can't, Phil. I can't do this." Dan told him, tears endlessly falling from his eyes.

"Dan, you'll be okay." Phil assured him.

"No, you don't know my mom-" Dan tried.

Phil stopped him by pulling Dan closer to him, and hugging him.

"Dan you're gonna be okay. I won't let her touch you." Phil promised. 

Dan wrapped his arms around Phil's stomach and buried his head in Phil's neck, crying.

"Thank you, Phil." Dan said, muffled because of the hug.

They stayed like that for a while. Dan nor Phil never wanting to let go, but eventually did, as Dan's breathing steadied.

"Are you feeling better?" Phil asked.

Dan pulled his face from Phil's neck.

"Yeah, I-I guess." Dan stuttered.

"Will you tell me what November 10th is?"

Dan took a deep breath, and nodded.

- - - - -

November 10, 2004

Dan cautiously walked down the stairs, afraid to approach his mother.

"Mom?" He called.

Silence.

He looked around to find her in the lounge, staring blankly at the T.V., which had nothing on it.