-47-

"You've got sauce on your nose!" Phil laughs at the younger boy.

Dan laughs along, wiping his nose with his sleeve.

"We better get going, the party starts in an hour," Phil mentions. Dan groans.

"An hour?" Dan frowns. "But I was having fun with just you."

Phil blushes, scratching his neck.

"C'mon, it'll be fun." He gets up, grabbing both empty trays and takes them to the trash.

Dan follows, and they go out to the car to make their way home. Dan had had the most amazing day so far. It was the best birthday he's had since before his father died.

Phil was so amazing, he took him out to a few stores, and let Dan buy anything he wanted. Dan took the chance, given he hadn't been making money, and was living off of whatever Peyton and Phil bought for themselves. He had almost forgotten about Charly suddenly going ghost for a minute there.

He wanted to spend the rest of his life like this, just alone, with Phil with nothing but fond memories to be had. Phil made him happy and that was the bottom line. Dan was never happy anymore before Phil. Even with that whiny Peyton around, he still managed to appreciate Phil from afar, and be happy just to have him in his life at all.

Finally after a car ride full of conversation, they arrive home.

"Hey, so when everyone arrives, I'm a little bit awkward around so many people, I might need to take a break every once in a while to get my an-" they walk in the door,

"SURPRISE!!!!" A large group of people exclaim to Dan.

"Wow! Hi guys," He laughs nervously.

"Everyone back up a bit, we're gonna get the birthday boy to his room to put his things away, and then we'll get the party started!" Phil states, clearly feeling bad for overwhelming Dan, as he leads him though the crowd of people. They make their way up to Dan's room,

"Go ahead and change up into some more appropriate clothes for a party. I bought you something, it's in your bathroom." He began to walk away.

"Wait." Dan said, Phil turning around. "Thank you so much for everything. I appreciate this, and you so much, Phil. I will never forget this day."

"It's no problem, that's what friends do."

Phil walks down the stairs, leaving Dan to his bedroom to check his phone, which Phil insisted he leave behind. Nothing from Charly.

He began to get worried, but there was nothing he could do by this point. So he sat the phone down and went to the bathroom to get more suited for his 21st birthday party.

Charly was in there.

"Happy Birthday bestie!" She tackled him in a hug.

"Oh my god, Charlotte, I was getting worried don't you ever do that to me again." Dan said.

"Awh, don't worry about it, I'm a-okay." She cheered. "How are things going with the Mr.?" She asks.

"We're not together."  Dan rolls his eyes.

"Yet." she mumbles, jokingly. "Well get dressed, you've got a party to get to down there." She says handing Dan the clothes on the way out the door.

"Hey." he stops her. "I've missed you. Never fuck up like that again, I never want to go that long without talking to you again."

She smiles.

"You got it boss." And she walks out.

Dan begins to get dressed, as he hears the loud music turn on downstairs.

Maybe things are looking up after all, he thinks, grinning.

---

(595 words)

I know i know its been a long time.

i suck at this whole schedule thing. itll be my new years resolution to get better about.

idk man i just would rather stick to originals. yknow????? im not so much a fan of writing about other people

i will get better about it though i promise

i wont be updating till after christmas, possibly a little before, but if not, i wish all of you lovely humans a merry christmas.

anyways go ahead and visit   laneyisgay  for any life updates. i will be updating my journal regularly

byeo

-lae xx

QOTD: any holiday traditions?

AOTD: elf on the shelf???? idk i dont really do any