Six

Ethan watched as Mitchell timidly entered the car. He was visibly shivering due to the cold weather and his clothes were wet. Well obviously, since he had been walking in the rain. But for what reason? He wondered.

He started driving towards his house and sneaked a glance at the boy who couldn't help but rub his hands together for some warmth. Ethan turned on the heat before asking, "Are you okay?" Then he cursed himself silently because the boy was definitely not okay.

However, Mitchell nodded and Ethan relaxed a bit. He thought the boy was angry with him or something. When he decided to drive around town, he wasn't expecting to meet him. But he deemed it as good luck because he wanted to find the boy and get to know him at least.

They got to his house in no time but the rain was still pouring and it didn't seem like it would stop anytime soon. Ethan removed his jacket and handed it to Mitchell, he refused though and Ethan huffed.

"Please take it. You'll catch a cold," he said trying to convince him.

Mitchell shook his head and Ethan looked at him in concern. He didn't want Mitchell to be scared of him. He felt the need to protect him for some reason so he used the jacket to cover him anyway, draping it over his shoulders. Mitchell flinched at the touch and although it pained Ethan to see that, he ignored it.

He turned the engine off after parking the car and got out to Mitchell's side. The boy hesitated when Ethan lent out a hand to him but after what seemed like a minute of deliberation, the blue eyed boy slowly put his hand in Ethan's, making him sigh in relief. They may be strangers but not totally. Besides they had already had a conversation before even if it was one-sided, it was still a conversation.

Ethan helped him up the stairs and into the house through the back door all the while ignoring the slight sounds Mitchell made as if he was in pain. When they got to his room, he locked the door, for privacy reasons, and rushed to his closet to get clothes for the boy.

"I need you to get rid of your clothes," he stated.

Mitchell's eyes shot up in confusion. Get rid of his clothes? Like, get naked? He shook his head and clutched the wet clothes to himself awkwardly. He didn't want the boy to see him naked. It was okay that he didn't like him already. But now he was helping him and Mitchell didn't want him to leave him because of his ugly body.

"Come on Blue, they're wet," Ethan said and bit his lip at the name he used. Blue. He saw the boy blush a little and he could also feel his cheeks heat up. For some reason, his mind had decided to come up with a pet name for Mitchell and even though Ethan liked it, he felt it was too soon to use it.

"I mean Mitchell," he said afterward because the situation got a bit more awkward than it already was. "Uhm, I'll turn on the shower for you." He left quickly to the bathroom.

Mitchell looked at the place the boy stood and smiled a bit to himself. He liked the name. No one ever used pet names for him. It made his tummy flutter. "B-bl-blue," he whispered. This was so good to be true. He was blushing fiercely now and he cursed himself for getting too worked up.

It could be a trick, he thought. But his conscience told him it wasn't. Who would go through such trouble just to hurt him right? He was still in his clothes when the boy came.

Ethan sighed in exasperation. He thought the boy would be naked by now. Not that he wanted him to be naked, well yeah, but that's not the point. He bit his lip. He felt nervous.

"The water is hot so you can shower now. I uh, I'll get you a towel".

Mitchell nodded and went into the bathroom. He locked the door because he didn't really trust Ethan. But it was also because he was scared that when Ethan saw his body, he would be disgusted.