Thirty

This chapter is kind of ...meh... for lack of a better word (I need word suggestions) I just went along with whatever popped up in my head. I'm trying to get to a certain point in the story and I'm not sure how to get there so please bear with me. Anyway... Let me know what you think, and I hope you enjoy reading... even if I feel weird about it.

"Do you think he's going to be okay?" Mitchell asked as he and Ethan walked back to the cafeteria.

"I don't know," Ethan shrugged. "And honestly, I don't care," he stated making Mitchell look at him in shock. He had never heard Ethan speak with such venom in his voice before.

"How can you say that?" he questioned, his tone high with surprise.

"Why should I care? He's an asshole. Or are you forgetting when he called you a fag, pushed you to the floor and got into a fight with me? Or the time where he tried to break us up by kissing me?"

"He apologized!"

"Don't tell me you actually believed him. He only did so because he feels guilty when he shouldn't have done it in the first place. Now that shit's hit the fan for him, he wants to be in someone's graces. You know, I wouldn't be surprised if he actually consented to Mrs. Twist," Ethan ranted and rolled his eyes.

Mitchell gasped at Ethan's words, frowned in disbelief and removed his hands from Ethan's grip. "I can't believe you!" he screamed at Ethan and rushed away quickly to the cafeteria, only to get his bag and walk away from the rest of the group.

"Hey, Mitchy!" Shane called after him but the boy ignored him and continued on his way. He couldn't think straight at that moment. He had never thought he'd hear such words coming from Ethan, a kind hearted person like Ethan. To think that Ethan could say something like that? Mitchell didn't know what to make of it. He was so angry.

"Mitchell! Blue, where are you going?" Ethan asked as Mitchell walked past him, grabbing the boy's wrist in the process.

"Don't touch me!" Mitchell shouted at him, coiling from the boy and looking at him with such hatred. His tone made Ethan stumble and frown in confusion.

What had just happened? "Blue?" Ethan called again.

"You're such an asshole!"

"Mitchell come on! What's going on?" Ethan shouted, running after the boy who headed into the boys bathroom.

Mitchell ignored his calls and as soon as he entered the bathroom, he locked it and leaned against the door, sighing in relief. Before he knew it, he slid to the floor and tears welled up in his eyes.

He really couldn't believe Ethan had said that. It hurt him, not just because it was Ethan that said it, but because he knew many people thought the same thing. And why wouldn't they? Maxwell was a bad person, probably because of all the things he had done and Mitchell understood that. However, no one deserved having that kind of thing happen to them.

For him, it was different because he had been found tied to the ceiling, with bruises and scars all over his back and his whole body. So the man who found him, as well as the police, and the doctors, basically everyone involved knew he had been forced into it.

But Maxwell's situation was different. Maxwell was a well built guy with good looks. He had that bad boy aura that many girls, as well as boys, loved. So, to any onlooker, it wouldn't be surprising to see him having an affair with an older person. But deep down, Mitchell knew that wasn't the case and he refused to believe it. Just because Maxwell looked like he could take care of himself didn't mean he couldn't get taken advantage of.

Mitchell saw the look in Maxwell's eyes when he spoke to them, that lost and vulnerable look and he instantly felt for him. Having been through something like that, he knew exactly what Maxwell had probably been feeling. And even if what Ethan said was true, that Maxwell had consented to their teacher, it didn't mean that he wasn't manipulated into it.