Chapter 40

Your POV-

It was 11am and a week after dan broke up with me, I heard someone knocking on my front door so I got up from the sofa and went to answer it "hello Y/L/N" it was a man, about my age, in a army green uniform and he was holding a pet carrier "hello!" I smiled and waved a little bit "I'm here to check out your flat and see if it's good enough for onyx to live in" I stood back and opened the door more "come on in" he stepped inside and looked around nodding "it seems like everything's good so far" after he checked around all the other rooms he walked back in "this place is really nice, and cat friendly" I raised an eyebrow and he laughed "there's a lot of high places for her to climb and under your bed is a perfect place for her to hide and sleep" I can just imagine onyx rolling around under my bed and climbing onto my cabinets "great! So can I see her?" He nodded and set down the pet carrier "come on onyx, time to meet your new mum" he cooed whilst opening the carrier. After a little while a beautiful black cat strolled out and stretched her legs "she's gorgeous" I started at her in awe "I'm glad you think so" I ran my hand from her head to the tip of her tail "she's so soft too" I stroked her repeatedly and he stood back up "if you have any problems just call the shelter" I nodded and showed him out.

I grabbed my phone and took a picture of onyx and then I began to play with her, I had bought a ball on a string so that I could 'stimulate her hunter instincts' or something like that. She rolled around and jumped everywhere and I just watched her in awe, I've already fallen in love with her.

Phil's POV-

I comforted Dan, I know that he's upset but he looks really, well, cute. I have no idea what's happening to me, I've suddenly forgot about Y/N all together and now it's Dan I'm worried about. "You wanna binge watch Netflix?" I looked down at him and he nodded "come on then" I smiled at him and he smiled back.

As we were watching I kept thinking about Dan and the feelings I had for him, it felt so weird, I care for him so much. Do I love him? No way, I'm not gay, or am I? All of the things I was feeling were confusing me so much I just decided to push them to the back of my mind and ignore them for the time being. "Are you ok Phil? You look really tense" I snapped out of my day dream and looked over at him "yeah I'm fine, it's been a long day is all" he nodded and sighed "you can say that again, I will get Y/N back" I rolled my eyes, will he stop going on about her? For just one second. "Are you sure you're ok?" I nodded "I'm fine! Let's just watch the movie".

Your POV-

"Onyx! Come here kitty" I called onyx into the living room and I heard the pitter patter of her feet "good girl" she hopped on to the sofa and sat next to me "you're so cute" I began to stroke her head and she purred softly, why didn't I get a cat sooner? This is 10x better than a boyfriend. I kept stroking her, just stroking her is so soothing and relaxing "you wanna watch some tv?" She purred in response, making me laugh "okay" I leaned over to the tv remote, being careful not to startle her "let's watch some stranger things" i need to catch up on that show, I feel like I'm the only person in the world who's still on episode 3. I selected the episode, picked up onyx and placed her on my lap, I leaned back and watched the tv quietly.

I hope you enjoyed that chapter! It took me a while to get just right! Remember to vote, comment and add this story to your reading list! A new chapter will be up soon!