chapter five

"Alexandria, are you okay? You've barely said a word since you got in the car?" Hannah asked not taking her eyes off the road. It was starting to get dark and I watched as the sun set outside of my window.

"I'm fine, just thinking." I sighed.

"And what are you thinking about?" She asked. I felt her eyes burning a hole through my skull. I stayed silent. "I swear to god, talk to me Alexandria. I'm your best friend." She said.

"I ran into someone at the church," I said quietly. She gave me a look telling me to continue.

"Who?"

"Brendon."

"Holy shit, what the hell was he doing there?"

"He was on janitor duty," I explained.

"Are you serious?" she laughed as she threw her head back. I stayed silent, hoping she would drop the conversation. "Dude, why aren't you laughing? That's fucking hilarious!" she laughed.

"Well," I started. "He came into the bathroom while I was getting ready, and we started talking and then," I stopped. Hannah swerved the car and pulled over to the side of the road.

"AND THEN WHAT?" She said turning and looking at me.

"Well, he kissed me." I mumbled.

"Holy shit," she screamed. "Did you kiss back?"

"Yeah, and I don't know why. But I did," I sighed, sliding down in my seat.

"Well, it's obvious you like him," she said, pulling back onto the road and continuing our drive.

"Bull shit," I said a little over excited.

"You just swore, and I'm not even going to get excited about it because you like Brendon. And you kissed him; you are so going to get laid tonight," she said.

"What?" I asked. She pulled along the curb outside of a house, and parked her car.

"Get out of the car, follow my lead and I promise you tonight will be worth it." She grabbed my hand and pulled me inside. We were greeted by a guy who was slightly taller than me. He wore a vest, and a green scarf. He had fluffy brown hair and dark brown eyes, similar to Brendon's.

"Sup? I'm Ryan, welcome to me casa," he laughed. Hannah greeted him back politely and I followed her lead while I observed my surroundings. The house was dimly lit and smelt of cigarette smoke, alcohol and weed. We walked through what was originally a living room but was turned into a dance floor, and into the kitchen. The counters were lined with an assortment of alcohol and Hannah immediately started digging through a cooler. She pulled out two beers and gave me one.

"Drink up buttercup!" She cheered holding her can up. I knocked my can against hers and took a deep breathe, here goes nothing. I put the can to my lips and took a big gulp. My face scrunched together at the awful taste.

"Oh my god, that is the worst thing I have ever had in my entire life," I coughed.

"Keep drinking, believe me. It will make tonight a lot easier!" She laughed. We walked up a curved staircase and onto a balcony overlooking the backyard.

We sat together for a long time just talking a laughing letting the alcohol go to our heads.

"Shit, look!" She said pointing to the backyard. "It's Dallon!" she said excitedly. Her face lit up and she had the biggest smile on.

"Go get him!" I said.

"Wait, how do I look?" she asked before heading back inside.

"Aside from slightly drunk, you look like a queen!" I laughed. She flipped her hair and ran inside; I turned my focus onto Dallon as I saw my best friend start to approach him. I sat back and smiled as I watched them flirt with each other. It amazed me at how well Hannah could handle situations like these. I sat on the balcony alone sipping at my drink as I watched the backyard.