chapter twenty-two

My alarm started blaring and my eyes shot open. Was it all a dream? Everything that happened it couldn't have been a dream, I just felt so free. It had to be real. I sat up and swung my feet of the side of the bed. I found an envelope on my nightstand with my name written on it. I opened it and the first thing I saw was a note so I read it.

Alex,

First off, I don't care if you don't like Alex. I'm saying Alex because you were such an Alex last night. Anyways, thank you so much for last night, you are the only person I have ever taken to that spot and I was really glad that I did. I hope you had as much fun as I did. Watching you hang out that car window on our way down there was one of the best things ever. Watching you see Vegas for the first time was even better though. I felt like I should've started singing a whole new world to you. I hope you know it doesn't matter what people call you, it doesn't change who you are. You're you, Alex or Alexandria. It's just a name you know. Personally I like Alex because especially now, it fits you, but I guess I could survive with calling you Alexandria as well. Also you have really good kisses I love those. You fell asleep on the ride home so I helped you up the tree and back into the window.

Thank you for a wonderful night Alex.

Brendon Fucking Urie

PS: that song you said you'd never hear again. I found it, but I guess you'll just have to come on another adventure with me to hear it again.

I folded the note up and laughed then pulled out all the photos from last night. There were six total and only one was missing, the one of me overlooking the city but I know Brendon probably took that one.

I smiled at all the photos as I flipped through them. The first one he took while we were running back to his car, the second was of our hands tightly knit together, third was of me looking out the car window at the lights, the fourth was one I took of him as he was climbing down the latter, the fifth was of me sleeping against the car door, and the sixth was the one where I kissed him. I grinned even more when I saw it. I stuffed them in my backpack knowing my mom would kill me if she found out.

I stood up and started getting ready. I put on a pair of black skinny jeans and a black and white shirt; I topped it off with a forest green jacket. My outfit was different today, not because I wanted to look cool or feel cool or impress anyone, I just felt like Alex today. I did some different makeup too, I threw in some winged eyeliner and some red lipstick. Lastly my hair, I did a half up half down thingy and then looked at myself in the mirror. I looked different but I didn't feel different. In fact I've never felt better.

"Alex," I whispered to myself, then opened my door to go brush my teeth but Katie blocked my way.

"Where were you last night?" she asked pushing me back in my room, "and why do you look like a whore?" she asked. I rolled my eyes at her.

"I didn't go anywhere last night and it's just clothes Katie," I said walking into the hallway. She followed me into the bathroom.

"Well you weren't in your room when I went in there to ask you something," she said.

"You never came in last night."

"You're right, but you're still a really bad liar. Where did you go?" she asked.

"Shut up okay," I said walking away.

"Tell me or I'll tell mom," she said. I froze and turned around to look at her.

"I went on an adventure. I'll take you on one soon, I promise." She nodded and went back into her room.

I headed downstairs and grabbed a waffle from the table.