chapter forty-three

I think we could all agree that Patrick and Ryan were the two shyest and quietest members of our group. They both were hella awkward in social situations and had a hard time talking on the phone. Aside from being quiet and awkward though they were the wisest of us all. They were always the ones keeping us in line and gave the best advice which kept us alive most of the time. I guess that wise, quiet, awkward thing is only a sober thing though because where we found them and the state that they were in when we found them surprised all of us. If Hannah was drunk then these two were wasted.

"Is that them?" Brendon said laughing pointing through a small doorway in the back.

"That does kind of look like Patrick's fedora," I said.

We made our way to the door and walked in. The room was dimly lit with the only lights being from either neon signs or the red light bulbs above. It reeked of weed and I was shocked to realize that we had just walked into a strip club.

"What the hell is a strip club doing in a casino?" I asked confused. I didn't understand why it was necessary.

"I mean might as well get as much money out of it as you can," Pete said laughing.

"Oh my god," Brendon said pointing to the stage.

"Are you kidding me?" I said throwing my hand over my mouth.

On the stage stood a woman who was slowly peeling her clothes off and behind her sat our dear friend Patrick. He was sitting in a small wooden chair still in his baby blue button up shirt and his fedora. The stripper lady person turned to him and she put on quite the show for him.

"I can't fucking watch this," I said turning away quickly and diverting my attention to the bar in the back. "You've got to be joking," I said tapping the Brendon and Pete's shoulders. They looked back and both burst out laughing.

As if Patrick getting a lap dance from a stripper wasn't enough behind us was Ryan who stood on top of the bar dancing.

"I can't tell if I want to stay and watch them embarrass themselves or if I want to take them back to the room and put them to bed," Brendon said.

"I think we should be good friends," Pete said looking at us seriously. "And take videos of them."

"Pete!" I yelled as he ran towards the stage where Patrick was.

"Good friends," I scoffed.

"Come on Alex, it's funny!" Brendon laughed as he moved towards the bar dragging me with him. "I'll even get you a drink on me," he said with puppy dog eyes.

I took a deep breath, "Fine whatever."

"You gotta enjoy your time here, it's not like we can hit up Vegas every day," he said taking a seat at the bar. I sat down next to him and the bartender walked over to us.

"What can I get you two?" he asked with his attention mostly on me.

"Give us a round of shots," Brendon said.

"Are you trying to get me drunk?" I half joked half asked serious.

"No, just trying to lighten up the mood."

The man came back and handed us each two shots. I downed mine quicker than Brendon and he smiled.

"Impressive," the bartender said.

"I try," I laughed.

"I'll be back," Brendon said getting up and running towards where Ryan was.