chapter twenty-five

It was Friday officially and I couldn't have been happier. My mother and I haven't spoken since our Monday night fight.

"You gotta lighten up dude," Hannah said as she leaned against my locker.

"I know. There's gunna be alcohol tonight right?" I asked half joking half serious.

"Of course we don't play games," Brendon said walking up next to us. I hugged him and he slung his arm over my shoulder.

"Well I'll catch a ride with Dallon then you two can go together," she said winking.

It was the end of the day and the hallways were practically empty now. Brendon turned to me and pressed me against the locker and kissed me. It had been a while since he had kissed me like this and I had to admit I was missing it. I kissed back and we sat there in the middle of the hallway making out.

"Jesus Brendon, don't you ever need to come up for air?" I heard a voice laughing walking up to us. Brendon pulled away and I felt my face turning bright red.

I saw two boys standing by us now. One of them had glasses and his orange hair peaked out from under his fedora. The other boy had black hair that hung over part of his face, I made a mental note to ask him how he could see through it later, he wore a beanie and extremely tight skinny jeans an oversized black sweater.

"Shut up Pete," Brendon laughed giving him a slight punch. Pete. "Oh fuck; Alex, Pete and Patrick, Pete and Patrick, Alex."

"Nice to meet you Alex," Patrick said. He held the sleeves of his sweater in his hand and reached out to me for a handshake. I shook it and he smiled a bit.

"Alex? Sounds pretty badass," Pete said nodding my way.

"She's getting there," Brendon said putting his arm around my shoulder.

"Well yeah look at her," he said pointing to my outfit. I wore the outfit Hannah had lent me last week. The only difference was I was wearing combat boots over the long socks.

"Hot stuff I know," I said flipping my hair. The boys laughed and we all headed out into the parking lot. I slid into the passenger seat and Brendon into the drivers, Pete and Patrick got in the back.

"You've known her for four weeks and she already gets shot gun?" Pete asked faking a frown.

"She's hotter," Brendon said.

"Yeah but is she going to help you get the stuff?" Pete smirked.

"I don't know is she?" Brendon said looking at me. I looked at him confused and all three of them laughed. "We've gotta get some alcohol for tonight."

"How the fuck are you going to do that? You aren't even 18?" I asked shocked.

"Actually I'm 22," Pete said pulling out his wallet and showing me a fake ID.

"As am I," Brendon said laughing.

"I'm 21!" Patrick said holding his up.

"You all have one?" I asked. I wasn't shocked but to be honest I was kind of jealous.

"Of course, we'll get you one soon," Pete said patting my back.

Brendon pulled out of the parking lot and we immediately had the radio blaring. Brendon and Pete both had cigarettes in their hands and Patrick looked uncomfortable, I smiled at him and he lightened up a bit.

Driving through the town with Brendon and Pete was ten times more exciting than driving with just Brendon. The radio was loud and the smoke smell turned into the smell of adventure and I couldn't say I hated it. That would be a lie.