chapter thirty-six

Alright guys, I know that these aren't the actual lyrics! I changed them up which is why it's labeled "Untitled Rough Draft" it goes with the story so bare with me. Thank you all so much for reading, voting and commenting it means the world to me and I am so excited for what the rest of this story holds!

-------------------------

Untitled – Rough Draft

If you only knew
What I've been up to
I'll try to keep it secret
But I'll give it to you now
We're lost in a dream now
I'll try it one more time.

Those Vegas lights
Where villains like me spend the weekend
I'm in the deep end
I'll be swimming with sharks until I drown.

The Vegas lights
I'm full of lies and affectations
It's a sensation
I'm winning till you break me down.

You know I'm not here for nothing
You're bored with looking good
And now we're starting something
I would change it if I could.

Those Vegas lights
Where villains like me spend the weekend
I'm in the deep end
I'll be swimming with sharks until I drown.

The Vegas lights
I'm full of lies and affectations
It's a sensation
I'm winning till you break me down.

I'll be swimming with the sharks until I drown
I'm winning till you break me down.

"Okay, so he's probably somewhere in Vegas right? I mean he talks about the Vegas lights like ten times in this," Ryan said setting the paper down on the bed.

"Yeah, but do you know how many lights are in Vegas? And do you know how big Vegas is? He could literally be anywhere," Dallon said.

I picked up the note and read it again.

"Do you think he wrote this to me about the bet?" I asked tying my hardest not to sound conceded. "I don't want to say it's about me but it just seems to make sense. You know?" I said.

"I think that is probably the best explanation at the moment," Pete said standing up off the floor and running his hands through his long black hair.

"Okay well, let's analyze it line by line," Patrick said like he was some sort of detective who was assigned on a secret mission.

"Okay detective Patrick," Hannah said laughing. Patrick blushed a little and tried his hardest to hide it.

"If you only knew
What I've been up to
I'll try to keep it secret
But I'll give it to you now
We're lost in a dream now
I'll try it one more time."
Patrick read.

"Okay well, if you only knew what I've been up to, I'll try to keep it secret, is pretty obvious," I said. "He's talking about the bet." Everyone agreed with me and we moved on to the next lines.

"But I'll give it to you now, we're lost in a dream now, I'll try it one more time." Ryan read. "What the hell does that mean? Is he talking about getting you in to bed?" he asked. "I didn't mean to say it like that," he said quieter.

"It's fine," I said giving him a reassuring smile. "I mean that makes sense too. He could be saying give it to you, like you know."

"But what about being lost in a dream? And what's he trying one more time? What does that mean?" Hannah asked.

"Maybe it's just a filler line, you know, like when you just need some extra words that fit. I do it when I write songs, I use filler lines all the time," Ryan said.