chapter fifty-one

As I stumbled through the house looking for Hannah I saw multiple people I didn't know. I wasn't aware that the party Ryan was throwing was going to have almost everyone, I would never have dragged Josh here if I knew there were going to be this many people the poor guy is probably out lost. I didn't even know where he was which concerned me because I couldn't find anyone I knew.

Eventually I saw Brendon in the corner with a girl on his lap and I'm not going to lie, it hurt. But being as drunk as I was I could care less how stupid I looked or sounded so I walked over to him.

"Excuse me Brendon Urie, have you seen Josh anywhere?" I asked slurring my words.

"Alex? Are you okay?" he asked concerned.

"Don't pretend you actually care, just tell me where Josh is!" I said louder.

"I haven't seen him," he said looking between the girl on his lap and me. I rolled my eyes and stumbled away. If I wanted anything done I had to do it myself.

I walked through the kitchen grabbing another red cup on my way. I didn't know who I was looking for really but I just needed to see someone I knew. I saw Ryan sitting in the backyard so I went back and sat by him.

"I am really drunk right now," I said plopping down next to him.

"I can tell," he said laughing.

"Have you seen Josh?" I asked slurring my words.

"No," he shook his head.

We sat quietly for a few minutes and I just watched everyone dying in the backyard.

"Alex," I heard someone call fro behind me.

"Josh!" I said spinning around and smiling. We walked into the living room where Brendon was and we sat down next to him and his doll. "This is Josh he's really hot, I really like him and honestly, I would fuck him!" I said. I didn't have a filter and I knew I was going to remember anything I was saying annyways so why not. Joshs's face turned red and he planted a small kiss on my cheek.

I started a conversation with the girl Brendon was with who I later learned was the famous Sarah.

Josh's phone rang and he took his arm off from around my shoulder. He checked the text and uickly stood up.

"I'll be right back babe," he said kissing my head. I smiled and went back to my conversation with Sarah.

"Ya, I'll be back too," Brendon said standing up and waking off somewhere. Sarah and I were having an intellectual conversation about dating strategies and how our lives were going. No more than two minutes later Brendon came running back and he stood by us out of breath.

"Alex, we need to go. Now," he said demandingly.

"Excuse me?" Sarah asked getting a little annoyed.

"I'm so sorry Sarah, but Alex and I need to go like right now." He grabbed me by the arm and stood me up.

"Um, I don't want to go, plus I can't leave Josh here. He doesn't know anyone," I said sadly.

"He knows people okay, he'll be fine. Let's just go."

And just like that Brendon was dragging me through the crowd of people piled into Ryan's house and leaving Sarah behind. Honestly, I felt a little flattered that he left her for me, I was the better option anyways. We slipped into Brendon's car and he buckled me up then quickly drove off.

"Brendon why did we leave?" I asked quietly.

"You were looking sick and I didn't want you to throw up all over Ryan's house, he has enough to clean tomorrow." I could tell he was lying but I didn't have the energy to ask why.

"I love you Brendon," I said.

And that was the last thing I remember.