Breaking These Walls~Chapter Three

*Carol's POV*

It's been a couple of days since Sapphire woke up. Today Rick and I are going on another run. He says we need more supplies, but Hershel appears to be fine on meds. There are still a lot of people sick though. So maybe it's just precautionary. I walked up to Rick while he was packing the car.

"How's Carl?", I asked. "Fine.Just fine." Although he hadn't really said much about it, I knew he wasn't exactly happy about what I had done to Karen and David. I was only trying to protect everybody. Especially the kids. I already lost Sophia. I didn't need to lose Mika and her sister too. And Rick didn't need to lose Carl or Judith.

After Rick finished packing, we left.

*Rick's POV*

I looked over at Carol. She was quiet. Not saying anything. Not moving. She knew I didn't like what she had done. It didn't stop the disease from spreading. And they might have lived. They died for nothing.

This run wasn't just meant for getting supplies. It was to protect her. In more ways then one. Eventually everyone will know what she did. They would probably banish her. Tyreese, on the other hand, would kill her. And I didn't want to be responsible for another death. Or another fight.

*Sapphire's POV*

I woke up. Today was the day Daryl decided I should go out and meet everybody. He says it'll be a while yet before I get assigned a place in the group. About this time, Daryl walks in and his cute little smile stretches across his face. He really was a beautiful man.

"So Saph, you ready to go out and see everybody?" I nodded slowly, and smiled. He came over and sat down on the bed, pulled my arm over his shoulder, and slid his arm around my waist. Then he stood up, pulling my weight with him.

Eventually,he got me up on my feet. We made our way to the cell door, and then over to the tables in the middle of the room. I saw several people from Woodbury that I knew. Including the young girl named Lizzie and her sister Mika.

"Well most of you guys probably know Saph here, unless you were in the original group. So, let me introduce her. This is Glen." I looked over to the young man he indicated. He was average height and he had thick black hair, dark skin, and soft brown eyes. He looked to be Korean or Chinese.

"This is Maggie." The young woman had short, reddish hair. She also had green eyes. Judging by the way she held Glen's hand and looked at him, she had found her soulmate .Most people seem to, unless you're like me and you've had so much heartbreak you stopped looking.

"This is Hershel." I looked over to the elderly man who had helped save my life. I only now noticed that he had an artificial leg. I'd have to ask Daryl about that later. The thing I admired most about him was the fact that he had a Bible. That was very admirable.

"And you already met me, Carl, Judith, and Beth." I looked over at the group of kids. Beth was holding Judith again, and Carl was standing there bravely. "Rick and Carol are out on a run, so you'll have to wait until they get back."

I smiled up at him. I ran my eyes around the room and almost did a double take. I could feel my blood run cold. I could feel my skin go pale. I could feel the sweat growing on my skin. That was Bob. He was a cold hearted jerk. I had met him a while back in another group. He had gotten most of them killed. All for a bottle of liquor. DJ and I were the only ones that had escaped.

He did some things to me that I am not going into detail about. That's why I reacted like this when I saw him. "Daryl, she doesn't look so great. Maybe you should take her back to her cell." That was Hershel, I think.Not really sure. Everything sounded muffled because of the blood pounding in my ears.

I felt Daryl's arm slip around my back and under my legs. I couldn't take my eyes off Bob. Even as Daryl carried me into the cell, I kept staring. As my head started to disappear behind the cell wall, he winked at me.

*Rick's POV*

Carole and I found a couple of stranded kids out on the run. They had been hiding in a fruit filled room for a couple of days. The girl was crippled, and the boy had a dislocated shoulder. Carole fixed that up quick. Now we were all looking for supplies.

Carole and I found some vegetables behind one of the houses. I bent down and started picking some. She had told the girl she hadn't lost any of her kids. I confronted her about that. "Someone else's slide show." That was her words for what had happened to Sophia and her husband. She was nowhere near the same person she was a year and a half ago.

I told her about how Lori used to make horrible pancakes on Sunday. Back when she was alive. Back when the world made sense. Back when my kids had a mother. "Why did she keep at it?," Carol asked after I told her she knew they were terrible.

"She just wanted us to be the kind of family that ate pancakes on Sunday." I stood up.

*Carole's POV*

As Rick stood up, I looked over and spotted a blood trail. "Rick." I whispered. He saw it, and we walked over to it together. It led to a gate. We slowly pushed it open and there was a leg. Across the street, the young crippled girl was being lunch for a pair of walkers. "Come on. Sam's probably waiting."

*Rick's POV*

Carol and I waited as long as we could for Sam. He never showed. So now, we're going back. Or at least I am. "Carol." She looked at me. I told her what was on my mind. She wouldn't be returning to the prison with me.

As I watched her get in the car, my mind wandered to Daryl. He wouldn't be very happy with me. But I had to do this. She would die otherwise. She drove away. So did I.

*Daryl's POV*

I watched her sleep softly. She was so adorable. I smiled my crooked smile. I haven't been so happy in such a long time. After Merle died, I was kinda depressed for a little bit. But my feelings came last, my people came first.

Then I heard screaming.

Carl and Rick were outside. Apparently Carl had been trying to use tree branches to stop the fence from falling. Rick had just gotten back from the run when the branches started snapping. I watched in horror as the fence came down.

The walkers started filing in, right over the fallen fence. Rick hit the ground, right under them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys!!!! So, yes, I know this story line is slightly off from this week's episode. Glen isn't sick anymore, at least not AS sick. Nobody is. But the fence has fallen. And this time, everyone is here to help, and Maggie isn't in the cell block trying to save her father. Very different.

So do you think. Rick will make it this time? ;)

~Breanna