Breaking These Walls~Chapter Five

*Sapphire's POV*

It had been a few hours since we had seen Bob leave. I felt terrible that he would have to fight it out on his own, but I guess it was for the best. He could've easily repeated what he did to me with Beth. Or even one of the really little girls, like Micah or Lizzie.

Daryl was still hovering over me. "Are you sure he didn't hurt you? I'll kill him if he did."

I smiled weakly at him. "I am fine, Daryl. Don't worry about me. You just focus on helping Rick and the others out. They need you." He gave me his quirky little smile, and walked out of my cell. I stood up and stretched. Maybe Beth would like some company. She spent most of her time with Judith.

When I found her, she was sitting with several little girls, showing them how to change diapers. Micah and Lizzie were there, too. I could see why Carol had grown attached to these two. They had been through so much. Lizzie had nearly given up her life for Glen. Would have if it hadn't been for Hershel's heroic actions.

Speaking of Hershel, he and Michonne were supposed to be trying to get more berries for tea. Shouldn't they be back by now?

A loud bang sounded across the prison. Cement particles started falling from the ceiling, and the girls started letting out little whimpers. Judith started crying. Beth and I glanced at each other, and then looked at the girls. "Micah, you and Lizzie watch Judith. Sapphire and I are going to see what's going on. If anything happens, you know the drill. Get to the bus. And wait for Maggie to drive you away."

*Daryl's POV*

Rick pulled me aside, and told me that he had sent Carol away because she killed Karen and David. I was not happy. I still cared about Carol. Maybe even more than I do about Sapphire.

"She said it was for us. She wasn't sorry."

"That ain't her. What are we supposed to do about those two girls?" I said.

"I told her we'd take care of them. I haven't told Tyreese yet."

"Well we are now." I led Rick downstairs and at the end of the hall, there was a disgusting piece of very peculiar art. It looked like a gutted rabbit had been glued to a piece of cardboard. Around the time we found it, Tyreese came down and saw it too.

"Whoever made this is the same person that killed Karen and David. We got a sick person somewhere in this prison. And I am going to find them", Tyreese says.

Rick looks like he's scared out of his skin. "The person that killed Karen and David, is not the same person that did this.", Rick said. "How do you know?", Tyreese answered.

A loud bang sounded above our heads. Cement rained down on our heads, and we all ran outside. Everyone surrounded the fence with horrified expressions on their faces. And then we saw why. The Governor was standing at the bottom of the hill in front of the main gates. Behind him was a tank, and several carloads of people.

*Lilly's POV*

I watched a walker across the water. It stepped into the water. I was so scared it was gonna make it to the camp. "Mommy, come help me dig!" I heard my daughter Meghan cry out. I continued watching the walker. It made it halfway through before it fell and the current carried it away.

I couldn't stop thinking about what Brian was doing. He was attacking that prison full of people. I thought we killed walkers, not the living. Apparently I was wrong.

I turned around to ask Meghan what she said, when I saw the dirt beside her moving. She was holding some sort of sign and she wasn't paying attention. I screamed, and she looked. When she saw the dirt moving, she screamed for me. I jumped off the top of the camper, and ran towards her. But I couldn't get there before the walker grabbed her arm, and bit into my little girl's shoulder.