Breaking These Walls~Chapter Fifteen

*Sapphire's POV*

The cold metal didn't leave the back of my head. I looked at Carl, trying to send the massage with my eyes. He needed to run, get the others, save himself, something.

He just stood there. Apparently, I wasn't a very good message sender.

I felt a strong arm slip around my neck and snatch me backwards. Carl took a step to follow me, but stopped short when the man that had me in a headlock aimed his gun at him.

"You stand right there, little twig. Don't you come another step closer, or I'll put a bullet in you or you pretty sister's head."

Carl's eyes widened. I knew he was scared. I definitely was.

The man that held me put his gun just above my pants line and raised my shirt. I took in a deep breath when I felt the cold metal of the gun brush my stomach.

He growled in my ear. Fear shot through me. This was like Bob all over again. I didn't want Carl to see this. I couldn't let him.

About this time, another man came out of the woods. He was tall, almost taller than Tyreese. He had a scruffy face and long dark hair.

"Come on, now John. Put that little girl down. We'll take her and the kid back to camp. We could use some fresh meat."

He smiled. I almost screamed out loud. His teeth had been sharpened into points, made into canines fit to tear meat to shreds.

CANNIBALS.

*Daryl's POV*

Carol and Glenn were on either side of me as we walked our way through the forest.

We hadn't found anything yet. That could be a good thing...And a bad thing. At least we knew they weren't dead... So far.

My heart clenched with fear, making me walk faster. I didn't feel like waking Rick up only to tell him that Carl was dead. He had lost Lori already, and had had no idea that Judith was still alive.

He still didn't know, for that matter. I hoped he would wake up soon.

Eventually, we made it back to the clearing Rick had been shot in. There was still blood here and there.

"I saw them go into the trees on the other side of the clearing.", I said.

Carol looked at me, almost as if she were asking, "What now?"

I just kept walking toward the trees. They followed closely, never missing a step.

A long time ago, I wasn't anything to this group. They meant nothing to me.

Carol and Sophia had been the only people I even cared about. Why it was like that, I don't know.

But now, Rick was my best friend. Carl was like my son, or maybe a nephew. Same with Judith. Sapphire was...Well, I wasn't exactly sure what she was.

I don't know how long we walked when I snapped out of my reverie.

"Glenn! Found anything?", I hollered out.

"Nah, not yet.", he yelled back.

I kept walking for about five more minutes, my crossbow raised to take down anyone-or anything- that might be around the corner.

I glanced down at the ground and saw a footprint in the mud. I knelt by it, running my fingers over the print. It couldn't be more than two hours old.

There was no way this wasn't them.

I stood up again, looking up in the trees in case Sapphire was in one of them- she loved trees.

But she wasn't there. So, I kept walking.

*Sapphire's POV*

The man that had caught me looked at the man with sharpened teeth. "At least let me have some fun with this one first."

Sharptooth, I guess that's what we'll call him, smiled wider. "Of course, John. But not here. They have a group, remember?"

The man behind me growled. "Of course I remember. They snatched the man I shot right out from under our noses."

Sharptooth spoke again, his voice raspy. "Exactly. But don't worry."

He stepped closer to me, his face inches from mine. "At this rate, the whole group will be dead soon. We're just getting started."

~~~~~~~

Eeeek!!

~Breanna