Chapter 4

Shazrays' POV

My eyes open a bit. I hear knocks on my door. But I ignore them and try to sleep again. The knocks get louder and louder. But I ignore them again. I turn to check the time by my phone. It was powered off. I turn it on. It was 2:30 am. The darkest part of the winter nights. I ignored the knocks again. Someone tried to open the door but found it locked.
-It's ok Alishba.
I hear Adil saying this. Wait what? He needs something from my room? I look on the door in the dark. What does he need from my room?
"I'm sure she's awake. She must be listening songs with full volume" Alishba says. "No. The room is dark. I think she's sleeping" Adil says. How does he know that? I ask from myself. "She has an extra pillow. And it's way too soft. Exactly the one you want!" she says. Yes madam, the one you're talking about is on floor right now. She knocks again. And I get up to open the door. I didn't even change my dress. As I open the door she starts yelling at me. "I've been knocking the door from almost 15 minutes" she says. "I was sleeping" I say. "Gimme that soft pillow" she says looking on the pillow I've been sleeping on. I give her the pillow. He was looking at me the whole time. Hey stop looking at me!!! I've been sleeping for hours. And I look the ugliest right now. My hair were not tied. And they gave a massive look. But they were looking awesome!😂 I think to myself. She then turns away and I close the door. I lock the door again. I close my eyes, resting my head with the door.
Buzzz buzzz buzzzz
My eyes open. I then come near my bed and see 12 messages from Milli. I pick the pillow from floor and put it on my bed. I lay on my bed again. I open my whatsapp.

*quick throwback*
When I completed my O-Levels I asked papa to get me iPod 5. He said that he'll get me iPhone 5. I was pretty ok with that. One night he came home with a box in his hand. At dinner time he asked me to unwrap the box. As I opened the box I saw a brand new iPhone 6 gold. I sat there in awe. I was so surprised!!! "OH MY GOD PAPA!!!!" I screamed. I held the phone in my hand. It felt so awesome!! Papa laughed.
It was when I got my personal sim. Every app was my personal now. But I only installed whatsapp and viber. It wasn't long enough that Milli also got iPhone 6 gold.
*throwback over*

As I opened my whatsapp I saw 12 messages from Milli saying:
Shazray, you're my bestie. Your problem is mine too. I don't want to leave you alone in your problems. You know my darkest sides, you've helped me in my bad times. You've celebrated my every little happiness. Don't ever think that I will leave you alone in the times when you most need me.

Something just happened. And I replied:
I don't want anyone to get close to me. Because in the end everyone is going to leave. Everyone is going to blackmail me. And everyone is going to call me characterless. Thanks for your support!!!!

She read my message right as I sent it.
"What's wrong Shazray? Why are you doing this? How can a fucking test lead to this?" she messaged. "Because that fucking test is my life!!" I replied. "Are you in your senses?" she messaged. "Yes. He's the test! He's the biggest test of my life!!" I replied. "Who.....?" she messaged. "Adil. It's all about him! I ignore him even when I yearn to talk to him! I've been cheated on!!!" I replied. "Adil? He's your cousin right? Did you guys have any fight?" she messaged. "Yes he's my cousin. He's my life. I love him so much! And we didn't have any fight. But it's all about one incident!" I replied. "You love him? What's the incident?" she messaged. "I love him so much!" I replied. I tell her the whole scene.
"It's ok babe. I'm not like that fucking maid. You're my bestie and my life. I can't see you crying like this" she messaged. "And I can't erase this incident from my life!" I replied. She is a good girl. I know her from past 3 years. I feel so light. As if I've given my burdens away. "Love you babe. Go to sleep and do what I say!" she messaged. "What should I do?" I replied. "Let's first just know if he loves you!" she messaged. "But how?" I replied. "No. Just sleep right now! We will talk about this in morning! And please sleep without any kind of worries!" she messaged. I reply ok. And then go to sleep again.