Chapter 23

THE MARRIAGE🎊
                                    PART-2

DHOLKI (Day-2)

ADILS' POV

"Get up Shazray!" I hear Milli shout. "Hmmm....wait...fo...2...minues...." she says. I smile. How cute would she be looking. This girl.

"Soon you'll get to see her sleeping face everyday. So for now, stop eavesdropping!" Hamza says. I turn to face him. "No..actually...umm..haha...you're taking it wrong" I say. Where the hell did he come from now? "And we both know, it's otherwise" he says and winks. He is a best friend and I can't do anything.

"Adil, son you need to go there and check if there's something missing" he says. Her conscious dad. "Yeah uncle I did, they're almost done with decorating the tree" I say. "Okay that's good. Did you tell them what kind of stage are you expecting?" he says. "Yeah. I just gave them a print so they don't get any chance for mistake!" I say. "Well, that's great. I hope you're happy" he says. "Of course and credit goes to you" I say. "I'm worried Adil" he says. "About wha-" I am interrupted by her mother. "Omer, I called the beautician and she told that you've hired someone else for her make-up?" she says as they both walk away.

"What was he talking about?" Hamza says. "I don't know..." I say and we both share confusing looks. "She's going to give you hard time" I hear Milli saying this and I turn to look at her. "What happened?" I ask with a smirk. "She doesn't want to wake up" she says. "Let her sleep then..." I say. "But we need to go!" she yells. "Where?" I say. "Boutique Adil" she says. "Ohh. Don't worry I'll take you guys there" he says. "As if you're allowed to do so!" she says and laughs. "Why?" I say. "Custom" Milli and Hamza chorus.

*9 pm*

"Yeah. That's what I wanted" I say. "I like your choice" he says. "Thanks Uncle!" I say. "I know they both are not ready to accept Shazray" he says. I look at him in shock. "Umm...uncle?" I say. "I know they're not talking to you since January" he says. "But-" he interrupts me. "Let me talk. Why didn't you tell her about this? Adil, it's already too late. You're going to hurt her. The first truth which she doesn't know just wasn't enough to break her? And now this second bitter truth? Why her?" he says. I feel myself breaking.

"Uncle, I just don't want to live with them now. They think Shazray is a slut whereas I can bet my life on her being pious. And I know she can't handle any of this. That's why I decided to take her away from everyone" I say. "Please don't do this. She can't live without her mother. And the most important thing is your parents have invested so much on you. And don't you dare leave them! It's an order from me. Her dad. Don't you dare leave your parents, no matter what. Always try to keep balance between your parents and my daughter. But remember, your parents should be your priority!" he says. "Of course uncle. I understand whatever you say. But just think about me once. I am their only child. And at this time, when I need their prayers they're just not ready?" I say. "He's just like this. He's my brother. He was expecting way too much from you-" and he is interrupted by someone. He excuses himself and walks away.

I hope you'll like them Shaz!