Chapter 29

SHAZRAY'S POV

"Here, eat this" I say as I put the plater in front of him. "Did you make these?" He says. "How do you know?" I say. "Because I love these. Plus, they're perfectly shaped" He says. "You know what?" I say. "What?" He says as he takes a bite. "Dad taught me how to make these pancakes..." I say and my voice breaks. "I want you to teach this to our daughter" He says. I chuckle. "Well, let's see. Only if I will remember" I say. "I'll remind you, don't worry" He says.

"Sorry to interrupt Daughter, someone wants to meet you" peon says. "Did you ask their name?" I say. "Sharjeel" He says. "Let him come in. Make him sit in the hall" I say and he leaves.

"Who is Sharjeel?" He says. "Oh. I just forgot to introduce him" I say. He looks at me. "He's my best friend and my junior" I say. "Did you not invite him in the marriage?" He says. "I did. But he did not come. Because...." I say. "Because?" He says. "Because I don't know" I say. I maintain a smile on my face. "Come, let's meet him. I've not seen him since a long time" I say.

"Hey Sharjeel" I say. He stands up, looks at me and then at Adil. "Hi..." He says. "Where have you been Sharjeel? And I guess, you've changed your number or something" I say. "Yeah..." He says.

I know what is he feeling right now. But? Is that my fault? I did not ask him to fall in love with me....

"Adil, meet him...." I say. They both shake their hands. I hope nothing goes wrong. "So, what are you doing right now?" Adil says. "I came here for my house job" Sharjeel says. "Are you engaged?" Adil says. I look at him, but he is still staring at Sharjeel. "No" Sharjeel says. "Why? You're quite handsome. Why are you still single? Do you love someone?" Adil says.

WHAT IS GOING ON?

"Umm...that's quite a personal question" Sharjeel says. "What would you like to eat?" I say trying to cover this awkward situation. "Nothing. I have to go and check my schedule" Sharjeel says. "Then why did you come here" Adil mumbles. I look at him and he smiles. "Where will you go for house job?" I say. "Gangaram Hospital" Sharjeel says. "Oh that's great. I, too, did my house job from there!" I say. "Umm...it's already 2pm and I have to go" Sharjeel says and gets up. "Okay. But where should I contact you?" I say. "Just check your logs" Sharjeel says. "Why?" I say. "I called you yesterday" He says and then gives me his number.

"Why were you being so rude?" I say. "It's just your thinking" He says. "No! Okay then. Why didn't you tell me, that it was him who called?" I say. "It was not that important babe" He says. "Come on Adil! He's my best friend!" I say. "And I am your best husband!" He says. I chuckle. "Seriously? BEST HUSBAND?" I say. He nods. "I only have one by the way.." I say. "Husband or male bestie?" He says. "Umm..both. But I was talking about husband" I say. "Of course! No one can ever steal YOU from me!" He says with a serious look on his face. "Aww....this is so cute Adil!" I say.

*FEW DAYS LATER*

"No. I want it, the way I told you!" I say. "But? It will require a week at least" He says. "How much time do you work a day?" I say. "4 hours" He says. "Exactly, that's why it will require a week, according to you!" I say. "That's true!" He says. "You will work for 10 hours, and will complete this task in two days!" I say. "Impossible! Sorry, you can heir someone else for this job" He says. I raise an eyebrow. "Come on, Shazray. I can't work like idiots?" He says. "You can do this! And you have to do this!" I say. "Okay. When is his birthday?" He says. "Next week" I say. "Date!" He says. "17th February" I say. "It's Monday!" He says. "So?" I say. "Today is Wednesday!" He says. "I've not seen someone more lazy than you!" I say and smile. "And someone more cruel than you!" He says. "Oh shut up!" I say and smile.

He comes with me to my house. "Lemme show you the room" I say and move towards the stairs. I open the door and let him in. "Big enough?" I say. "Yeah. But why is this empty? I mean.." He says. "Seriously?" I say. He still doesn't know! "No. It's okay. I do get that" He says. "Well, now decide the colour scheme!" I say. "What did you select?" He says. "Black and red" I say. "That's perfect!" He says. He moves towards the window. "Do you want the art over here too?" He says. "Yes. You know, I think it should be something like sunset? Because the colours will go with scheme. I want the roof to be black with no stars, and this wall with orange, red, and I guess yellow colour?" I say. "Perfect. Now tell me something about the ceiling and the floor?" He says. "What do you prefer?" I say.

He shows me pictures. "Umm....something related to photography?" I say. He shows me some more pictures. We both agree on the same design.

"Shazray, I think you should change the floor as well" He says. "Uh...Okay?" I say. He gives me ideas and we both decide everything.

"You will have to go shopping with me" He says. "But, make sure, that he doesn't get to know anything" I say. "Don't forget that you're asking me to work IN HIS HOUSE!" He says. "I know, but I'll only let you work in his absence!" I say. "Smart. When does he leave the house?" He says. "9 am and comes back at 7 pm" I say. "Exact 10 hours!" He says and chuckles. "Yeah, I do count each and every second that I have to live without him!" I say. "May Allah always bless you sister!" He says. "Ameen (So be it)" I say.

"What would you like to eat?" I say. "Brownies" He says. I ask the servant to bring the brownies. She does so.

BUZZ BUZZ

I attend the call.

-"Are you busy?"

No.

-Look at the time baby.

Whoops. I just forgot to call you!

What are you doing?

Waiting for brownies.

-Hmm. Good.

What are you doing?

-Missing you!

Aww, don't worry. Only 5 hours to go...

-Only five hours?

Yes *CHUCKLES*

-Cruel

Focus on your work, Adil. I have to attend some guests!

-Who came?

Mujtaba.

-Why?

Because, you'll get to know that soon.

-Ain't I more important than him?

You are! That's why I am asking you to focus on your work!

-Okay then. I love you, take care, bye!

Love you too and see you soon!

-Of course!

He says and I wait for him to end the call. He does so and I leave the room.

Thanks for reading my story!
Every vote and every comment means a lot! And to all others, please don't be just a silent reader. Your comments and votes will be appreciated.
Love all my readers and all my followers! :*
I hope you all like my story! :)
-rabzee
#The_luckiest_unlucky_girl
❤️TLUG❤️