Chapter 37

14 February, Friday

*MEANWHILE ADIL'S POV*

I leave for office. I don't know what to do. Whether to forgive her or....give Bisma a chance? Well, personally, I don't want to give Bisma any chance...and I do not even wanted to forgive her....but? Her behaviour.... Is this a trap?

Buzz buzz

I pick the phone.

Where are you Adil?
Why? What happened?
I'm waiting for you....
I'm coming.
Well, there's a surprise for you!
What kind of surprise?
You'll get to know that soon. Right now I'm just waiting for you....
Hmm
How's Shazray? Did she talk to you? Did she say sorry?
She didn't say a single word even. But...I don't understand one thing...
What?
She was being so nice...Yesterday she didn't even look at my face. And today, she prepared a special breakfast for me...
Special breakfast?
Yes...
That's great....bye!
Bbye.

*His office*

"So finally you're here..." She says as she enters in my room. I look at her. She smiles. "You're mistaken, it's your office not a wedding hall" I say in disgust. "I know that" She says. "What's this all? Jewellery? Stilettos? And this makeup? You're an assistant not a bride..." I say. "Soon, I'll become a bride.." She says and smirks. "Shut up! This is your office, and you're my assistant. And I don't want such dressing! Be sophisticated!" I say. "Of course boss. But I guess you're forgetting that we're dating each other..." She says with her flirtatious smile.

I shut my mouth. What's the point of dating her? She's surely abnormal....

"I'm waiting for 3pm" She says. "Go back to your work!" I order her, and she leaves the room.

*SHAZRAY'S POV*

Buzz buzz
I pick my phone.

Hey Shazray..
Hey Hania...
I just wanted to tell that Sharjeel needs you..
How do you know him?
I'm your secret friend remember...
Yeah but? What happened to him?
He just needs you...I mean...He's emotionally upset...
Well, did he tell you this?
Yeah he did.
Hania, he's working here...He's attending his patients...
He told me this earlier today. And I forgot to tell you....
Okay, I'll see him within some time...
No! You need to go and see him right now!
I'm busy...
You aren't. You are jut waiting to go home. I know that you've checked your last patient. And right now, you aren't even studying....
How..? Just how do you know that...?
I have my ways...
Yeah, I'll go and see him....
Well, you should take him somewhere..
Like?
Anywhere you want!
McDonalds?
Yeah sure.
Okay bye.
Bbye!

*Shazray enters Sharjeel's room. And asks him to join her on lunch. Sharjeel agrees readily...*

*Meanwhile:
Bisma:
Adil, I need to show you something!
Adil:
What?
Bisma:
We need to go to McDonalds.
Adil:
What's up with that now?
Bisma:
I can't tell, I just can't tell!! You need to go with me..hurry up!!!
Adil:
Is that something related to the surprise, you were talking earlier about?
Bisma:
Stupid! No! You just need to go and see it with your eyes! *

*At McDonalds*

*SHAZRAY'S POV*

"I've heard that you're upset?" I say. "What? No! I am not...I just heard the same about you..." He says. "Well? I am not upset..." I say. "Who told you this by the way..?" He says. "No one. Forget it!" I say and smile. "Hey, you know what? I'm getting engaged..." He says. "Wow! That's great. Show me her pic.." I say. And he does so. "Aww, she's so gorgeous...You both will look so cute together!" I say. "Haha! This is what Milli said!" He says. "Did you propose her?" I say. "Actually, kind of you know. I've bought a ring for her..." He says. "Show me..." I say. "Wait, just let me bring it..." He says and leaves.

*Meanwhile, Adil, too, is in McDonalds. He looks at both of them sitting together and talking happily. He sits in the corner table, Sharjeel leaves Shazray alone and Adil calls her.

Where are you sugarplum?
At McDoanlds..
Doing what?
Waiting for Sharjeel.
What are you doing with him?
I came for lunch...
Okay then. Bye!
Umm? Bye?

Sharjeel comes back. He presents Shazray a ring. Shazray looks at the ring in awe!

Enough! This is more than enough! She's totally being a slut! Yesterday, she was with Mujtaba and today...with Sharjeel? What the hell is this? At the same time, she's being nice to me? What does she even want to do? She's my wife and I loved her... I thought that she is pious...No! She wasn't... My parents..... They were right! They were extremely right....

I hate you Shazray! I fucking hate you so much now! Bisma, at least, is better than you Shazray! She's not hiding anything! She does not fake her feelings and here you are! Being a slut! You think fooling me is that easy? No honey...I'll show you what I am now!

I get up and leave the place. I sit in my car. "What now?" She says. "I'll marry you soon..." I say. "What?!" She says with a surprised look...

*BACK TO SHAZRAY'S POV*

Uh? How did he talk to me? Why was he being rude? Like? I think he does not like Sharjeel...But? He'll get married soon.... I...I love you Adil....

Sharjeel comes and sits in front of me. "Here, see this..." He says as he shows me the ring. "Whoa amazing!" I say. He smiles. "That's perfect!" I say. "Thank you...." He says. He's really happy. "So, where's my treat?" I say. "Haha! Just wait for few minutes and you'll get everything!" He says.

"How's Adil?" He says. For a moment, I keep quite. "Good...I mean he's fine.." I say with a smile on my face, and invisible tears in my eyes...

"That's great.." He says. "And your in laws?" He says. "They're fine" I say. "Are you sure that everything is going good...?" He says. "Yeah...of course...." I say. "Shazray? Look at me in the eyes...." He says. No...I can't tell anyone anything! I look at him in the eyes and then laugh. "See...everything is perfect!" I say with a smile. "I hope..." He says and smiles.

"I never thought that I will meet you ever again..." He says. "Seriously. So did I. I mean I tried calling you...but got no response. And I even visited your house, but you were not there. Then I got married, and came to Lahore" I say. "Yeah, I heard about your marriage..." He says. "And you didn't come....Stupid idiot boy...you said that you were my brother and yet you did this to me...! How cruel!" I say. "Haha! Forgive me Shazray.." He says and we both laugh. "You naughty girl..." He says and I chuckle.

I look at my mobile. It's 2:30pm. Whoops...I need to go..

"Sharjeel...I need to go..." I say. "Why so early?" He says. "I have some work. And I have to leave now!" I say as I get up. "Thank you so much for the treat. And yes, she's gorgeous!" I say. "No problem.." He says. I move towards the exit.

I sit in my car. I hope whatever Hania told me, is a lie....I hope I don't get to see anything like that.....

I run towards the stairs, and towards his office. NO.....

He's sitting on his knee....She's standing...ring....stop....this can't be.....He.....he...he loves her.......He's cheating on me......is that true?

Thanks to all those who are actually reading this book. You guys are the best. And to all others, please don't be a silent reader. Let me know what you feel about the characters, and the plot. My book is in it's major time, the plot is critical rn. And I need to know what you guys think. I love it when my readers vote and comment. At least I get to know that it's worth writing. But what if you don't vote and comment? It's still okay. I'll keep writing, because someday someone's gonna tell me it's good...😅

A big thanks to all those who are interested in this book. And to all others, because of whom my book has reached 9k and plus views...please vote and comment....I'd appreciate it...

Much love!
~Rabzee
~TLUG🖤🖤