Chapter 31

SHAZRAY'S POV

It felt so good. Dinner with in-laws. A complete family. I saw him, this happy, for the first time.

I just don't get one thing. Why did he ask Bisma to meet him, in our house, at the time, when he was busy in office? He told me that he doesn't like her. Then all of a sudden this? I think, I should ask him, why!

"Shazray" he calls my name and my thoughts are interrupted. "Yes..." I say as I look at him. "What are you thinking about?" He says. "Nothing" I say and smile. "You know what? You were looking gorgeous today. Thanks for completing this family. Thanks for making me feel like a king" He says. I chuckle. "King? Seriously?" I say with a smile on my face. "I love this precious smile of yours. I love the way you look at me. I love the way you treat me. I love the way you respect my parents. I love every gesture of yours. You're more pretty than you think you are" He says.

Ain't I the luckiest girl to have him as my husband? Girls dream about this. I don't want to ruin these beautiful moments by talking about Bisma. But? Maybe? Like maybe...they're friends again?

"Shazray wake up!" He says and chuckles. "I'm not sleeping" I say. "Where were you lost? Is everything alright?" He says. "Yes of course. I was just thinking that how lucky I am to get you as my husband" I say. "I love you sugarplum" He says. "I love you too my Adil" I say.

I put my head on my pillow. My heart is not at ease today. As if, something is wrong. My mind, it's not satisfied. As if, I have to solve something. My heart is racing fast. And the forceful smile, it's no more on my face. My tips and toes are cold as ice.

"Shazray, switch that lamp off please?" He says. I do so.

Back to my thoughts. What's wrong with me? I can not identify anything. Like anything! He, he is all mine. I won't let Bisma take him away! He's mine, just mine!

Buzz buzz

His phone rings. He attends the call. Unknown number. "Why did you call me?" He says. "Are you crying?" He says. "What happened?" He says. "Bisma tell me!" He says. "What?! I don't believe that!" He says. He then hangs up.

He thinks I am sleeping.

"Shazray" He calls my name. "What?" I say. "Did Bisma come today?" He says. "Yes, she did" I say. "Why didn't you tell me?" He says. "Tell you? You were the one to send her. Why did you send her?" I say. "Why would I do so?" He says. "She told me that you've invited her on tea party" I say. "What? Seriously? No! She lied!" He says. "She's crazy!" I say. "Why did you treat her like this?" He says. "Like what?" I say. "I know that she loves me. And I've told you this before that I don't love her. Then why did you treat her with hostility?" He says. "Lier! She's just a lier! Do you really think, that I could behave in such way?" I say. "Well, honestly no...." He says. "Then?" I say. "I'm sorry..." He says. "Hey!! Stop being sorry? I mean. Please Adil?" I say. "So, this is what she was up to!" He says.

He then turns his face towards me. I look at him. His eyes, so beautiful. His lips, perfectly shaped. And his tiny nose, it's adorable! I kiss his cheek. He opens his eyes. His lashes touch mine. I put my head on my pillow. He holds my hand, intertwines his fingers into mine. He pulls me closer to him.

"Adil, I don't want to share you. With anyone! Adil, you're just mine!" I say. "Of course sugarplum" He says. He kisses my hand. "And you know what? I get jealous when a girl looks at you with those intentions!" I say. "I won't let Bisma destroy us" He says. "And I won't let any girl steal you from me" I say. "But you can not stop one girl, like never" He says. "You have no idea of how rude I am!" I say. "You can never be rude with her babe" He says. "Huh?" I say. "You'll force her to love me" He says. "What are you saying?!" I say. "Yes. You will teach our daughter to love me, the way you love me!" He says.