Chapter 28

*1 YEAR LATER*

SHAZRAY'S POV

"Adil, wake up!" I say. I move his hair away from his forehead and...

"Adil?" I say. "Shazray, please switch off the lights. My head hurts" he says. "Yeah sure" I say as I cover him, properly, with quilt.

"When will you come?" She says. "I will not come today. I have to go to hospital and Adil is not feeling well" I say. "Fever again?" She says. "Yeah. I don't know what's wrong with him...." I say. "It's okay. Don't worry. He will get better soon" She says. "Milli, I've decided that I will visit his mum today. It's more than enough now! It's been 2 years since she last talked to him. And I can't see him suffer anymore. This problem was created because of me and it should be solved by me!" I say.

"You are not going there. And it's an order Shazray!" He says. I look at him. "I'll call you later Milli" I say and hang up. "Adil for how long will this continue?" I say. "For the rest of my life!" He says. "You aren't feeling well. Go and take some rest please" I say. He comes near me, holds my hand and says, "I don't want her to hurt you. I don't want anyone to hurt you. And I am sure, if you will go there, you will only gather hatred. And I don't want you to hate my mother. I love her so much and I hope you understand that."

He won't let me hate his mother. "Adil, I know you love her so much, and I know, you can't live without her anymore. Please give me one chance? And believe me, I don't hate her..." I say. He looks at me in the eyes. "Okay... But I won't be responsible for her behaviour. And Shazray, I won't listen anything against her!" He says. "Believe me, things will get better. Just lemme talk to her once!" I say and he agrees.

*SHAZRAY MEETS HER MOTHER-IN-LAW*

-"Is he with you?"
Shazray: No. How are you?
-"I'm good"
Shazray: When did your dark circles get so bigger?
-"I don't know"
Shazray: Come on Mama! How long will this continue?
-"He does not care!"
Shazray: Mama, who told you this? He is just working on it. Believe me, he loves you so much, he's ill mama....
-"Huh? I don't care. You're enough for him!"
Shazray: Mama? How is that possible? You're the one who brought him in this world. And no one can ever replace you.....Mama he's ill. He can't handle this anymore....please?
-"He doesn't want to talk to me Shazray. And we both know that"
Shazray: No! It's not like that. Believe me, he's suffering from fever. And.....
-"What and? You are a doctor! Can't you treat your husband?"
Shazray: Mama, I am a doctor, and I know what's the cure...
-"Shazray, I know you're lying!"
Shazray: If you don't believe me, you can visit him yourself!
-"I don't want to see his face!" (Turns around and goes back to her room)

*Shazray calls Adil*

"Come over!" (She says)
"Why? What happened?" (He says)
"She's sick, Adil. You have to visit her right now!" (She says)
"Okay. I'm coming within 10 minutes!" (He says)

"Uncle, can you please make soup?" I say. "Yeah sure...? But what would you like to drink first?" He says. "Nothing. Just make soup as soon as possible!" I say.

"Where's mama?" He says as he enters. "It took you 20 minutes Adil" I say as we both move towards the stairs. "Go and tell her that you love her. Until then, I'll stay here" I say. He agrees.

ADIL'S POV

I open the door. "Mama...." I say. She was standing by the window. She turns around. Her dark circles... when did this happen mama?

-"Why did you come here?" (She says)
Adil: How're you?
-"I heard you were suffering from fever?"
Adil: What about your health?
-"My boy, I'll ask you the same question when your son will select his wife over you!"
Adil: But what if he comes back to me?
-"Comes back? Did you come back?"
Adil: Yes....
-"Why did you leave me? Why did you leave your mother?"
Adil: I was hurt mama. I love her, seriously she is an amazing girl....
-"I just thought... Forget it!"
Adil: Mama please? Please accept her? Please mama? I can't handle this all anymore....
-"But will you come back?"
Adil: I am!
I say and I give her a hug!
She kisses on my forehead.