Chapter 16

Shazrays' POV

"Of course Milli" I say. "Can you both help me?" Sharjeel says. "What can I help you with Sir?" I say and chuckle.

Sharjeel is in 4th year MBBS whereas Milli and Shazray are in 5th year MBBS.

"Help me with ENT" he says and I take his book.

"Ok. Which topic?" I say. "Meningitis" he says. "OK. If the infection of middle ear lasts longer than 14 days, then it's called Chronic Otitis Media. And it's complication is called Meningitis. And the symptoms include vertigo, fever, neck stiffness etc" I say.

"Whoa Shaz" he says. "What" I say. "You actually know everything" he says. "Don't forget that Miss.Attitude is the topper of university" Milli says. "Oh shut up both of you!" I say and they both give a what-the-fuck look. "What?" I say as I pout my lips and we all laugh. "Get up. Let's go to cafe and eat something" I say as I get up. Milli stands and Sharjeel is still looking at his book like dumb retards. I snatch his book and he shouts. I start running. "Stop!" he says. "Shaz stop!" he shouts and I run away again. "I will tickle you stupid stop" he says. "You dare do that" I say and run away again. "Hey Adil how're you" he says. And I turn to look at him. He snatches his book. "He's nowhere stupid" he says. And I look at him faking a sad face. "Milli someone's hurt" he says. "Hurt enough to tear your book" I say and chuckle.

"I want to go home" I say. "Why?" Milli says. Sharjeel looks at me. "Is he coming today?" he says. I look at him. "Yes...." I say. "Try to talk to him this time Shaz" he says. "I can't Sharjeel. I just can't speak in front of him. You know..it's like...umm...uhhh..hmm...I..I just can't....and I don't know why" I say. I look down. "I can understand that..." he says. I look at him and he leaves the cafeteria. I open my mouth to call him but then I am too late.

HOME TIME

"I'm going b-bye" she says and leaves. I then move towards his class. "Sharjeel" I say. "Hmm" he says. "What are you doing alone in the class?" I say.  "Studying" he says. He is not looking at me. "Are you angry?" I say. He looks at me. My eyes filled with tears. "Stop crying" he says. "I can't" I say. "Why?" he says. "Because my best friend is angry at me" I say. "I'm not. You know it well that I can't get angry at you at least" he says. Tears roll down my face. "Just try to talk to him, once?" he says. "Adil...I can't even look at his face. You know. It's hard for me. It's been so long since we talked last time." I say. "You have to try it Shaz" he says. "Even if he is wearing a black shirt" he says. I look at him and laugh. "She's going to be the luckiest girl to get you Sharjeel" I say. "Haha Adil is going to be the luckiest boy to get you" he says. "I wish I get him" I say.

"Tell your dad that you're going with me" I say as we both come near my car. "Shaz you need to go and get ready" he says. "I have so much time to do that" I say. "Yes Miss.Perfect" he says. We get in the car. "Wear a black dress" he says. "Why?" I say. "He'll love you in black" he says. "OK." I say. "Just drop me here, I've some work" he says. "Are you sure?" I say. "Of course" he says and I stop the car. "Just try to talk....." he says and leaves. It's hard Sharjeel....

Adils' POV

I have been waiting for this day. Finally mama and papa agreed. Finally she's going to be mine. But there is something serious wrong. And no one is ready to tell me. What can that be? I mean my girl is physically perfect. She is becoming a doctor. And in November she'll get her official degree of MBBS. What is wrong? There is something which is upsetting me. Is that problem related to her? I think to myself.

Ya Allah I want her.... Ya Allah please make things perfect....

"Adil?" I hear mum calling me. I turn and see her standing near the door. "Yes mama?" I say. "What's wrong?" she says. "Nothing mama" I say. "Adil...things will get better don't worry. You will get your love" she says. I look at her. I always fail to hide my problems from her. She puts her hand on my cheek. "Get ready. Wear your black shirt" she says. "Why black?" I say. "She will love my baby in black dress" she says. "Mama....." I say. "Yes?" she says. "Will she ever like me?" I say. "She'll love you my son" she says. She is sure about it.

"Why are you so quite Adil?" dad says. "Nothing papa" I say. "Just wait. I'll be back in a moment" he says as he gets out from the car.

"Adil, why are you so sad?" mum says. "Mama I'm afraid" I say. "Afraid of rejection?" she says. "Afraid of truth mama...." I say. "What truth?" she says. "What if she doesn't love me mama?" I say. "Adil stop worrying now!" she says. I know she's tired of my questions. "You are not happy right?" I say. "Yes. I'm not. I'm doing this out of love. I'm not happy Adil. Why only her?" she says. I am blank. I feel numb. I didn't ever try to do something which she hated. And now. When it's time to decide who my life partner should be I just....

Let me tell. Mama thinks Bisma is best for me. Whereas I know who she really is. She is a slut. Simply. And I don't want an impure partner.

My dad comes back and we head towards her house. I have hope. I know my Allah will never return me disappointed. He will fulfill my desire.

*AFTER 1 HOUR*

I get out from the car. Then I open the door for my mother to come out. My dad also gets out of the car and the driver takes the keys to park the car.

Her dad is standing at the entrance. I see her mum coming. Where is she. "How are you?" her dad says. "Fine uncle. How're you?" I say. "Fine" he says. We then move inside the house. Shazray doesn't know why are we here this time.

"Hi....." I hear her voice. I look at her. The beautiful girl, with normal height, fair complexion, long hair wearing a black top with skinny jeans and flats, and a beautiful bracelet in her wrist, stands in front of me. Man this girl. She looks at me."Hey" I say quickly. "How're you?" she says. She wants to talk. Yayyy!!! "Good. What about you?" I say. "I'm good" she says. And then she sits on the sofa with her mother.

"What were you doing" my mother asks. "I was studying" she says. And they start talking.