Chapter 41

15th February, Saturday.

SHAZRAY'S POV

I hear his voice. I get up from my bed and run towards the window. He's standing at the start of street. Adil...

I run towards the door, and then towards the staircase. "Where are you going?" She says. "I don't know, he's searching for me...I have to go..bye..thanks.." I say and run towards the door.

I push the main gate open and I look at him. He's walking away...."Adil...." I say. Suddenly he stops and looks behind. He's shocked and so am I. "Shazray...." He says and runs towards me. "Are you alright? Are you? Oh My God..you okay? Come, see, I'm sorry. I'm so sorry..listen please don't shut me out. But just one time? Like only one time please-" I interrupt him. "I love you..." that's all I could say. He looks at me in the eyes...

"Look, just come inside Adil. Don't create any fuss here. It's not good. Just come inside please.." She says as she holds my hand and takes me away from him. My eyes stuck on him. We sit in the hall. Adil is sitting in front of me.

"My name is Ghazian Ali. Yesterday night, I found her screaming and shouting at the start of the street. It was dark out then, and I made her come home with me, so that my mother could ease her stress..." He says. "Thanks Ghazian" Adil says.

He then looks at me. Ghazian and his mother leave us both alone.

"I don't know how to start but...I'm sorry for being so rude..." He says. "Rude?" I say. "I'm sorry baby girl. I didn't mean any of that...literally..." He says. "I did expect this to happen..." I say. "Why?" He says. "A girl can always sense the change in her husband's behaviour" I say. "Shazray, we need to sort things out now. I mean, this was worst. We're not kids..." He says.

"Let me start the conversation. Why have you been so confusing? You have been so different in person, and a whole different person on messages. Why?" I say. "Messages? Did you ever send me any message?" He says. "Any message? Are you kidding me? You used to ignore my messages and then I used to call you, and you used to decline my calls...all the calls..." I say. "When did you ever send me any message? And calls? Which calls are you talking about?" He says. "You don't even remember your only 1 horrible message" I say. "I swear I don't know anything..." He says.

This is strange...Like, he used to ignore my calls and he's covering it up like this? Wait...am I misunderstanding him once again?

"I used to wait for your calls and messages and you were so busy with your life. And when I arrived home, you looked so tired, teary and broken...and it always felt like you don't want to talk to me..." He says. "That's what you'd always say in your last message Adil..." I say. "Me? I never sent you any message..." He says.

He looks shocked.

"Shazray, what sort of messages did you receive?" He says. "That...I'm faking my feelings, and you don't want to talk to me, and that you hate me. And when you arrive home, you don't want to talk on this topic or anything...and I used to cry..." I say. "WHAT?!" He says. "Why are you so shocked?" I say. "Because, I DID NOT EVER SEND THESE MESSAGES!" He says. "Adil, I do have record of each message in my phone. You can not say this..." I say. "It wasn't me. I swear it wasn't me...She!! She used to take my phone away...and I'm sure it's all her plan!" He says.

Is he talking about Bisma?

"What are you talking about?" I say. "I swear Shazray, I never send you such messages....believe me..." He says. "Then? Who was behind this all?" I say. "Bisma...I'm sure Bisma was behind this all!" He says. "Bisma? The one who's more than an assistant right?" I say. "What do you mean?" He says. "Adil, I know, you've been dating her. You even proposed her yesterday. And you're going to marry her..." I say. "How do you know that all?" He says. "Yesterday when you were presenting her the ring, I came to see you in your office. And I moved away..." I say. "And what about Sharjeel?" He says. "What Sharjeel?" I say.

Sharjeel? Did he have any part in this convo?

"You know better.." He says. "No. I don't know. Just tell me..." I say. "Didn't he present you a ring yesterday at McDonalds?" He says. "What?! Are you crazy?" I semi-yell. "Huh?" He says. "Adil, you know what? He's engaged. And the ring he showed me, was for his fiancé..." I say. "Shit..." He says. "What else Adil?" I say. "Tell me about Mujtaba now. You used to call him brother in front of me and..." He says and turns his face to the other side in disgust. "And he tried to harass me..." I say. "What?" He says and looks at me.

Is he shocked or something?

"What exactly happened there?" He says. "He came home late. And I sensed something wrong. He said that he wanted something from the room and I said okay. I followed him. He went near the window and asked me to look at something. As I did, he locked the room. I tried shouting but he had his hand on my mouth. He pushed me against the wall, but before he could do something, you pushed the door open. I got terrified and moved towards you for help. But things turned out different..." I say with tears in my eyes.

It hurts to recall all that...me...my identity.....and my character....

"I'm sorry...I just am sorry...." He says. I keep looking at the ground. He comes near me and holds my hand. "I'm sorry my princess...." He says. "You said that you loved me, you said that you won't let anyone drift us apart, or come between us..." I say as I cry. "I'll kill her...I'll kill her for making me misunderstand the things..." He says. "Thanks to Hania, who used to update me about you..." I say. "Hania? Did you just say Hania??" He says. "Yes...she knows you Adil. But she never told how. She used to update me about you and Bisma" I say.
"Oh My God!" He says.

Thank you guys for being the best readers ever. I can't believe that my book has reached 10k+ views. And soon, it will hit 2k votes. Thank you all so much!
To my silent readers, please comment, vote and share.🖤
You can even follow my own page on instagram.
Username: ilovebestsayings
This page is also available on Facebook!
Thanks once again.🖤🖤
~rabzee
~TLUG