Chapter 43

OMG! I just can't believe that my book has got all those 2000 votes!🖤
Thanks to all those who've been voting and commenting since the start of book. I hope that all my silent readers get to know the importance of votes and comments...
I appreciate each single comment. It makes me feel like you are actually interested in my book.
I just can't thank my Allah enough for this success.🖤🖤🖤

Instagram: ilovebestsayings

15th February, Saturday

ADIL'S POV

How do you even crack an egg? Yeah, I'm pretty poor at that. Umm? Wait? How? How do you crack an egg? I must watch a video on youtube.

"Umm...Sir...do you need anything?" He says. "How do you crack an egg?" I say. He chuckles. "Why are you asking that?" He says. "Because, today I'll make breakfast for her" I say. "But Sir, she doesn't eat eggs. Like never. She hates omelette and the fried egg" He says. "How do you know that?" I say. "Because once I prepared omelette for her breakfast and she was almost yelling at me. She can not even withstand the smell of omelette getting prepared" He says. "Thanks for saving me then. What does she eat in breakfast other than biscuits?" I say. He chuckles. "Nothing Sir" He says.

Like seriously? Is she even a human being? I remember once I was eating my breakfast and she was almost asleep on the chair. I asked her that why wasn't she eating her breakfast and she simply said that she did not want to eat those things in breakfast. And I gave her a blank stare.

What should I do? Make tea for her...? Maybe yes?

"How do you-" I am interrupted by him. "Here Sir..." he turns the knob counter clockwise. I look at him and smile. "Thank you" I say. "Sir...are you sure that you can make tea yourself?" He says. "I'm pretty sure. You've no idea of how great chef I've been" I say and he laughs. Wait? Was that an insult? If so then whatever!

I put the milk pan on the stove. "The flame is too high sir" He says. "Lemme just do it. Thank you. And you may go now" I say and smile. He leaves kitchen awkwardly.

Okay. So now, Chef Adil will let the milk boil and then...wait? Do you add sugar first? I don't know. Chef Adil will add whatever he likes. Because after all he's a great chef. Where's sugar pot? Here let's see, I open the cabinet and here's not the sugar pot. I open the second cabinet and yes...hey...why did she put sugar with paprika?

As I open the jar I see really small sugar granules. I guess it's some special kinda sugar. Maybe the best sugar in market! OMG! I'm gonna make good chai.

Let's add 2tbs of sugar. Now I'll let the milk boil for an extra 1 minute. Okay yes add this now. Where's the tea strainer? Maybe in this drawer. Oh yes! Let's pour the tea in the cup now. And here we go...! Perfect! Just perfect!

I know baby girl, you'll love it!

Wait...What's that? I look at the plate in his hand. "Where did these come from?" I say. "She baked them yesterday" He says. "Ohh.." I say. I look at the heart shaped cookies. They're perfect. I'll serve these cookies with tea. "Gimme this plate. And thank you" I say.

It's time to serve someone tea

I look at her sleepy face. She opens her eyes. I smile. "What happened?" She says. "Are you hungry?" I say. "Umm...yes?" She says confused. "I made tea for you..." I say and smile.

She gets up and moves towards the washroom. Ughh! I have to wait now. She comes out. "Sit here" I say pointing towards the sofa. She does so. I serve her tea with cookies.

"Do you like these cookies?" She says. "Yes, they're adorable" I say. "Seriously did you make tea?" She says. "Of course honey" I say. She takes a sip.

*cough* *cough* *cough*

"What happened?" I say. "Since when we started adding salt instead of sugar in tea?" She says. "What are you saying? Don't be jealous babe. I can make good tea" I say. "Huh? Yes? Then take a sip" She says as she gives me the cup. I take a sip. Ohh shit....is it salt or tea....? SHIT SHIT SHIT!!

"What's wrong with this princess?" I say. "It's salty!" She says out loud. "Nah. It's not princess..." He says. She looks at me in confusion. "How is that possible. I can only taste salt in it Adil..." She says. Shit.

"My princess, it's perfectly alright. Are you suffering from fever?" I say. "No. I'm not" She says. She then gives me the cup again. "Here, take a sip again" She says. Not again Shazray....I do so. I try to gulp it anyway.

"It's perfect..." I say. "Stop lying" She says. She takes the cup back and takes a sip. "This is impossible..." She says. I look at her. "What's impossible? I'm telling you're suffering from high fever. Because exactly that's why sugar tastes like salt to you" I say. "I don't want to drink this tea...." She says. "It's okay. It will only break my heart..." I say trying to fake sad face. She looks at me in the eyes.

She's actually not ready to drink this salty tea. But? It's okay. Never mind. It was my first try. And I had no idea where the sugar pot was. And the salt granules looked liked sugar. I'm laughing secretly in my head.

"Adil...I want to ask you something" She says. What does she want to ask? Is that something related to yesterday......I look at her. I do not say a word.

"Come on. I said I want to ask you something" She says. "What is it Shazray..." I say afraid of what is she going to say. "Actually I've planned your birthday party. And I wanted to ask if any of your friends will come" She says. "Any of my friends? What do you mean?" I say. "Hamza will surely come. I just wanted to ask if you have any other friend here in Pakistan. So I could just inform them and they can come..." She says. "Well, no. No one is here in Pakistan....well honestly telling, I don't know where they are now" I say as I chuckle. She smiles.

I don't know what to do or say. I feel ashamed of my behaviour. She stands up and leaves the room. She's the best wife. Honestly telling, she's the best wife.....I was too dumb to see her innocence. She's just straightforward. But, only if she could see things from my point of view. I wasn't wrong either. It was just a misunderstanding....the misunderstanding which was about to drift us apart. I'm ashamed. I know, I will never be able to fill the emptiness caused by this. I will never be able to look at Sharjeel the way he is.

I misunderstood everything. I misunderstood her each little action. What was she doing? I destroyed her surprise...the room...she designed the room for me....and what did I do to her? I questioned her purity. I will never be able to forgive myself for this. She's pure, her feelings, they're true and I trusted someone else. This is wrong. Will she ever forget this all?

Oh Allah! Please forgive me...I did not know the truth. Allah! You know it better than me. Allah! I won't question anything...I just want her to feel love for me...Allah! I did the most cruel thing anyone ever could! I tried to disclose her reality...Allah...I know it's not her fault...Allah please forgive me....Allah please make her love me even more....

She's mine...only mine. I...I...am I enough for her? What have I done! Oh Allah! Allah please forgive me....Allah please fill my heart with her love....Oh Allah! Please listen to my silent prayers....Oh Allah! You know better how much I love her...Oh Allah! Forgive me...forgive her....and bless us with respect...bless us with a beautiful daughter....