Stood Up

Here is chapter 34 people, I am starting to crank them out now...hopefully I can keep it going.  Hopefully I will be able to upload another chapter or two in a few days.  Hope you enjoy it...don't forget to comment and vote.  I really appreciate it!!!

We arrived back home it was well after 5:00 and guests were due to start arriving around 7:00.  I hope Kevin will be home in time to help greet our guests. I went upstairs to our bedroom and put my bags down on the bed hanging my dress in the closet.  I decided to go ahead and get my shower at least all I would have to do is get dressed.

Instead of taking a shower, I decided to take a warm bath to calm my nerves because I wanted this to be a perfect night for Kevin and me.  I ran the water and put in some lavender bath salts feeling the water to be sure it wasn’t too hot.

I took off my clothes and dropped them in the hamper and eased into the bath water and my body felt like it had died and gone to heaven.  I slid down in the tub and turned the whirlpool jets on and relaxed trying to keep from going to sleep.  I leaned my head back and that’s the last thing I remember before I heard someone knocking on the bathroom door calling my name.

“Nikki, Nikki, you in there?”  The voice on the other side of the door called.

“Nikki can you hear me; are you ok?” I could hear the person still screaming.

I finally came out of my daze and stood up quickly to answer the door and to my surprise Ebs was standing at the door about in tears.  What was wrong with her?

“Hey what’s wrong Ebs?”

“Dumb girl I thought something happened to you because you didn’t answer the first or second time I called you.  I was just about to go and get Alex to come and pick the lock.”

“I’m sorry girl I didn’t mean to scare you. I ran me a warm bath and it felt so good I closed my eyes and I guess I drifted off to sleep.  Wow! You look beautiful.  I love the shoes what are they?” “They are a Jimmy Choo original, sweet aren’t they?”  Yup I am feelin those; what time is it?”

Looking at her watch she told me it was 6:30. I went back into the bathroom I still had to put on moisturizer for my skin, my makeup, and restyle my hair. I don’t think I would be ready by 7:00, but I kept working.  I let my flat irons warm up and went to search for my cell phone.  I noticed that I had a missed call from Kevin.  I hit the button to listen to the voicemail.

“Hey baby, its 6:00 and I have to finish with my client and I will be right home.  See you in a few.  I love you.”

Oh I was starting to get nervous that he was going to tell me he would be late.  I finished my hair and went into the closet and put my dress on.  Once I was finished putting on my dress, I sat down at my makeup table and put on my heels.  Once everything was done I stood in front of the full body mirror on the inside of my closet door.

I had to admire myself I was looking good, and nothing could spoil this night.  I looked at the time on my cell phone and I still had about 10 minutes before everyone would start to arrive.  I went downstairs and everyone was dressed sitting in the living room just chatting about different things. 

I went to the kitchen to be sure everything was finished and the caterers had setup the food on the tables correctly.  I looked around for Maumey and realized that she hasn’t come out yet.  I decided I would go to her room and see if she needed any help.

I knocked on the door and Maumey came to the door and she was stunning.  I was looking at her and I felt the tears well in my eyes.  She was absolutely gorgeous. 

“Maume, you look absolutely stunning.”

“Thanks Nikki, b…but I can’t go out there.  I have been dressed for the last 30 minutes, and I don’t have the nerves to go out there.”