Chapter 2

Chloe's POV

I swung the front door open and sprinted upstairs. I slammed my door shut and locked it, knowing Karen would try and barge in any second, if she realised I was home. She'd probably yell at me for not completing my jobs, and I certainly wasn't in the mood for that. I had to much to pack in the time frame of two hours. I didn't have enough time for any distractions.

I walked over to my closet and pulled out my two large suitcases. I pulled everything off of the coat hangers and threw them into one case. I did the same with the clothes in my draws, followed by my shoes and undergarments. I grabbed a beauty case and walked into my bathroom, putting in all my essential beauty products and hair tools.

I packed my Apple laptop, laptop charger and phone charger. I placed them into my carry on luggage, along with the book I was currently reading- The Fault In Our Stars. I kept my phone in my pocket, knowing I'd be using it most of the time at the airport and even on the plane. I was only assuming I'm going on a plane, though. I mean, as far as I knew, the boys all live in England. I'd always dreamed of going to England, especially London! So, to say I was excited was an understatement.

I made sure to grab anything that was sentimental, such as a couple of pictures I'd taken with my parents and my guitar. They were most important to me.

I played guitar and sing a little. I'd written one song that I was pretty proud of, but I didn't fancy becoming famous. I'd seen what the celebrities went through on an every day basis; the endless articles in the magazines and gossip channels, the constant paparazzi, the fans and even desperate people wanting to get in your pants or be your other half. I didn't think that was right for me.

I gathered all my bags up and realised the guy who Simon was supposedly sending for me, would be at the house in a matter of fifteen minutes. I pulled out my phone and laid down on my bed, realising it would be the last time I ever rested on that bed. I scrolled through my text messages and sighed. I didn't have friends here. I had one or two but after we graduated high school, we kind of lost touch. I wasn't extremely close with them in high school, anyway. Karen wouldn't allow me to go out with them, and my dad would always agree to her decision. Maybe being One Direction's maid was a good idea. I had a chance to make new friends in whatever country I was going to. It was going to be a fresh start, and I was all for that.

I heard a car pull up outside and I shot up off my bed. I grabbed my bags and opened my door, slowly walking downstairs. The weight of the bags was making it hard for me to move quickly. I got to the bottom of the stairs and attempted to open the front door, when I was stopped by a large manicured hand.

"Where do you think you're going?" Asked Karen. I sighed and looked up to meet her eyes.

"I'm leaving," I hissed, swatting away her red claws.

"And why do you think you're leaving? You're not going anywhere," she growled, placing her hand on one of my suitcases.

"Excuse me? You made a deal with Simon Cowell," I pointed out.

"Oh, that," she chuckled icily.

"Yeah, that," I spat.

"You're not going anywhere, hun. I needed the money, and I got it. I'm not allowing you to leave," her eyes glaring down at me. Her heels made her at least five centimetres taller than me, and I wasn't short, so her heels were definitely a good six inches.

"Karen, I don't think you understand; Simon paid you to let me leave, and you're going to hold up your end of the bargain, otherwise, Simon will find out, and he will make sure I leave one way or another," I hissed, sending her a glare right back.