Chapter 42

Chloe's POV

"Harry, I can't do it, and neither can you," I huffed, laughing a little at the end as I bagged him out.

"First of all, yes, I can, and second of all, if you actually listened to me then you'd be able to," Harry sassed, sticking his tongue out at me.

I rolled my eyes and picked the soccer ball up off the ground. I chucked it in the air, then attempted to bounce it on my knees. Apparently, in Harry's opinion, I wasn't bringing my knees high enough into the air to make the ball bounce, but I was sure that wasn't the case. The action itself seemed physically impossible, well, for me anyway.

Harry tried to show me numerous times how it was done, but only managed to bounce it on either knee once, before it fell to the ground. He claimed that was still better than me, and that was sort true, although, I didn't want to admit it.

"I'm pretty sure I'm going to win this bet of ours," said Harry, kneeing the ball three times, making a new personal record.

"I don't think so," I sang. "You aren't that much better than me, babe."

"Oh, but I'm still better, though, huh?" He said, raising his eyebrows, foot on top of the ball that was on the ground.

"No," I scoffed. "We have to play a one-on-one game, and then we'll see whose better."

"Fine, lets get started, then," Harry smirked, skilfully kicking the ball with the tip of his boot and into the air, before catching it in his arms.

Okay, that's the most skilful thing I've seen him do today.

I blankly stared at him, my lips pursed and my eyes blinking numerous times. Harry's smirk widened, knowing I was surprised at his sudden skilfulness. I was sure that was possibly the only thing he could really do, but I was starting to admit he was probably better than I was.

"Weren't expecting that, were you, Rae?" He chuckled deeply, taking a step towards me.

"Maybe not, but I'd like to see you do something else," I said, opening my arms, leaning my weight on my right leg.

"Oh, I will show you something else," he winked, giving the ball a hard kick, before sprinting down the field after it.

"Hey," I yelled, turning around to watch him attempt to dribble a ball in boots.

I laughed to myself before sprinting after him, actually catching up to him. Instead of kicking the ball, I ran behind him and stuck my foot out in front of him. He fell down to the ground, putting his hands out to lessen the impact. I laughed loudly and kicked the ball from in front of him, to the side, and started to dribble (or what I would call 'dribble') the ball down the field, in the opposite direction.

"That's cheating," groaned Harry from behind me.

I laughed louder and picked up my pace, kicking the ball a couple of metres in front of me and chasing after it. I was only a few metres away from the goals, directly in front, so I gave the ball and hard kicked and watched as the ball skidded along the ground and into the goal.

"Ha-ha," I cheered, turning around to see Harry only a metre behind me.

"That doesn't count; you cheated," he whined, pointing his finger at me.

"Don't be a sore loser. I won, fair and square," I sassed, poking his cheek. I knew my win wasn't fair, but I didn't care. The whole situation was funny, and the pout on Harry's face made me smile.

"No you didn't," he grumbled, frowning down at me. "You tripped me."

"What? No, I didn't," I lied, a smile spread across my face.