Chapter 24

Chloe's POV

I knelt down beside the bucket of water and grabbed the sponge. I slammed it against the car, scrubbing viciously. I bit my lip bit harshly as the tears started to stream down my cheeks. I scrubbed the car faster and faster, letting out my frustration, anger and sadness. My breathing became faster, shakier and heavier, and finally it became too much. I stood up and chucked the sponge against the ground, a sob escaping my lips.

I stormed down the drive way, abandoning Harry's car. Loud cries were leaving my lips and my cheeks were already soaked with my tears. I jogged over to a tree and flopped down against it. My shoulders were shaking as I sobbed and my tears dripped from my cheeks onto my chest. I dug my nails into the grass, ripping the blades from the ground and throwing them in frustration.

I swore to fucking god that he got joy from seeing me upset! When I first arrived he was an asshole due to me "replacing" his current fuck buddy. He apologized and I accepted it, that was a huge mistake. I always set myself up for heartbreak, even though I don't intend for it to happen. I should've told him to "shove his apology up his ass" because he basically took it for granted. If he fucking apologized in the first place, why would he act the same way, for a totally different reason? I didn't even do anything wrong! All we did was kiss, he claimed it ruined our friendship and there on out, he has been an asshole. I know he had an image in the media before hand, as the "teenage man whore" but I thought he changed. But no, he's sleeping with girls again and being a dickhead, so I guess the media was right.

He is still the teenage man whore he was before. He's still an asshole, even though I accepted his first apology. He's messed up, totally messed up and this is the first home I've actually realized it.

To be honest, I hate him. I hate Harry Styles, yet there is a part of me that feels strongly for him and that pisses me off. Every time I see him, I get nervous or excited, even though I know he's probably about to spit hurtful words at me. It's so fucking weird and it drives me insane. I don't want to like him at all. I hate that I like him. I fucking hate it.

My sobs racked my body and I stood up once again. I walked further down the drive before arriving at the entrance. I turned to the right and started walking down the street, wiping my tears from my cheeks.

I didn't want to deal with anyone. Especially Harry fucking Styles.

Harry's POV

I slammed my hands down against the kitchen bench. The guilt ate me alive as I watched her walk out, trying so hard not to cry. I shoot my head and sighed, leaning my back against the table.

I feel as though I should be the one protecting her from the harsh words others would throw at her, but no. I'm the one causing her pain. I'm the one throwing harsh words at her. I'm the one breaking her heart, and knowing that, it fucking kills me. I hate doing this to her, and I've never felt so bad about anything in my entire life.

It scares me how much I like her. I've never felt like this for anyone before. Never. I've had so many flings or one night stand with girls, never a relationship, but I want to be with Chloe all the time. I know that means I want a relationship with her, and I do. I really do. I want her to be all mine, yet here I am spending all my time trying to push her away.

That's what's so stupid and my "genius" plan. I like her so much that it scares me, and I know she likes me to, but I am pushing her away a little more, every single day. I hurt her emotionally every day.

My eyes watered for the first time in forever, and I felt my breathing getting shaky. I fisted at my hair, tugging it harshly, loosing control. A felt a tear stream down my cheek and I closed my eyes, letting myself go. The tears flowed down my cheeks uncontrollably.