Chapter 40

Chloe's POV

After countless texting sessions with the boys explaining how their trips were going, Harry and I spent the rest of the day cuddled on his bed, loading our bodies with junk food, watching movies and talking about the most random of topics. Harry even cracked a few jokes, and I only laughed because he thought they were actually hilarious- they were the worst jokes I'd ever heard. It was cute how he could amuse himself with his own jokes. He genuinely thought they were funny, and I thought it was adorable.

When the time came, I rolled out of Harry's bed (much to his displeasure) and decided to make dinner. I walked downstairs, Harry grumbling behind me. I giggled to myself as he talked to himself about the fact that we could still have been in his bed, cuddling. I loved the fact Harry was a cuddler. He was always finding excuses to touch me, and usually I hated that, but when it came from him, I enjoyed every second of it. I was completely and utterly infatuated with Harry Styles, craving his touch every second. His large hands on my skin were my desire, along with his lips on my own.

"Chloe," Harry sighed. "Can't we just order pizza or something?" His hands wrapped themselves around my waist, and his front was pressed against my back.

"Harry," I chuckled. "We had pizza for lunch."

"Chinese, then?" Harry suggested.

I sighed and thought about it for a moment. I wasn't really in the mood to cook, and I could definitely have gone for some Chinese. "If we get Chinese, I'm cooking tomorrow night," I bargained.

"Deal," he whispered from behind me, leaning forward to press a kiss to my cheek, before unwrapping his waist from mine and grabbing the phone from the bench.

He smiled at me cheekily as I heaved myself up onto the bench and he dialled the number he knew oh so well, for delivery Chinese. He ordered fried rice and satay chicken, knowing I loved chicken. I smiled at the fact that he knew me so well. I loved that he knew all the little things about me, things that even I didn't know, sometimes.

Once he'd finished ordering the Chinese, he walked back over to me, pushed himself between my two legs and buried his head into my neck, holding me close to his body.

"I want to take you out on a date tomorrow night," he whispered, his hands playing with the back of my shirt.

"Is that so?" I asked, running my hands up and down his bare, muscly back.

He nodded. "Mmhmm."

"Well, if you insist," I giggled.

"Good," he smiled, pulling back to look at me.

"So, where are we going on this date of ours?" I asked, smiling as he rested his forehead against mine.

"That, my love, is a surprise," he breathed, his smile changing from sweet to cheeky in only a matter of seconds.

"Damn, I hate surprises," I winked, teasing him.

"But you'll love this one," he chuckled.

"If you're so cocky about it, then I'm sure it's going to live up to my standards," I giggled.

"Standards?" He questioned.

I nodded. "I have very high standards, Styles."

"Well, I might have a problem meeting those standards of yours," he said, pulling back slightly.

"And why's that?" I asked, furrowing my eyebrows, his playful demeanour seemed to disappear.

"Because this'll be the first date I've ever planned and I'm not... romantic or anything-" he started, before I cut him off.