Chapter 7: Brother Advice

~Katie~

On the drive to Brandons place we dropped into my house to get my school stuff. Mum and Dad were gone and Josh was home. "Josh!" I yelled. "Wha- Ahh, Katie?! What the hell happened?!" He shouted. I smiled and said "Nothing of your concern!" He shook his head. After talking for a while about nothing really important. I waved goodbye to him before I left.

I ran outside and jumped into Brandon's brothers' car. "Ready" I said to Justin. The time now is 6:34am and I'm still really tired. "Hey Brandon, would it be ok if I come to your place for a while?" I politely asked.

"Sure. That will be fine. Your brother doesn't need a lift does he?" He answered and asked. "No he's walking. Sucker." I replied as he smiled and chuckled. I smiled back. 

We got to Brandons place and I thanked Justin for the lift. Brandon helped me up the three stairs that are in his garage to get to the house. I think he was just making sure that I could walk properly. "Katie? You Hungry?" Brandon asked and I shook my head. "Ok, lets go upstairs!" Brandon commanded. I went up first because he was helping me upstairs, again, what a good friend.

Brandon gave me a tour around his room because it was a pretty big room. I sat down on his bed and so did he. "Thanks for doing all of this, you know, for my arm and stuff. You're a really good friend, Brandon." I said with a smile.

He chuckled and I thanked him with a hug. "That's what friends are for, Katie. You would have done the same for me." Brandon said while we were still hugging me. We let go and smiled at each other, I was blushing, I could feel my cheeks were going red. I excused myself to go to the bathroom.

~Brandon~

Wow, Katie just hugged me, it felt different because I've never hugged a friend that is a girl before. *Bling* My text tone goes off and when I bent down do get it out of my school bag I saw an unusual text, you might say.

[TO: BRANDON]

[FROM: JUSTIN]

Brandon, come here... OH and are you still with Jan?

[TO: JUSTIN]

[FROM: BRANDON]

Ummmm, No... Im waiting and Yes.

[TO: BRANDON]

[FROM: JUSTIN]

Um, ok? I guess. anyway...

Dump Jan for Katie.

[TO: JUSTIN]

[FROM: BRANDON]

DUDE? WTF ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT!?!?

[TO: BRANDON]

[FROM: JUSTIN]

you've seen what she has done to Katie and plus I've seen that look you give each other...

Anyway, but you know that song off that movie you like? Teen beach movie? the song 'Meant to be'? SING IT WITH HER!

[TO: JUSTIN]

[FROM: BRANDON]

Hey, Katie loves that movie too!

[TO: BRANDON]

[FROM: JUSTIN]

Wellp, you guys should sing that, together and see what you feel. I did this once and I got Bridget, did I not?

[TO: JUSTIN]

[FROM: BRANDON]

Ok and I didn't know you sang with her... dude... how did you know I kind of like to sing.

[TO: BRANDON]

[FROM: JUSTIN]

Little Birdies... Secrets... Eves Droppers...

I put my phone down, grabbed my laptop and jumped back on my bed. I started checking Facebook for no reason. While I was doing this I had many thoughts going through my head and then Justins thought came to me.

I quickly shut my laptop lid and sat there thinking about it. What if Justins right? What if It was meant to be? But I can't dump Jan or I won't here the end of it from her 'friends' because she is 'popular'. She was only popular because of me, her friends were my mates girlfriends in freakin' grade 7.

~Katie~

I walked into the bathroom and shut the door. "Why the hell did I do that?" I whispered to myself. I looked in the mirror and my face was a red colour. I looked down at my cast and shook my head. I cupped some water  in my other hand and splashed it on my face.

I took a few deep breaths and walked out. I walked back into Brandons room and he was sitting there, like he had something going through his mind. I walked in and smiled. "Ready to go now?" He asked, I nodded. "I'll ask Lucy to pick us up. She would be almost at my place." I smiled.

[TO: LUC XO]

[FROM: KATIE BABE]

Hey! Can you pick me and Brandon up from Brandon's place? Please?

[TO: KATIE BABE]

[FROM: LUC XO]

Sure, what we you doing at his house?

[TO: LUC XO]

[FROM: KATIE BABE]

It's better if you see yourself... It will probably shock you...

Thanks for picking us up!