Chapter 29: You're out!

~Katie~

It's a week since our camping trip and the Brisbane Roar Women's team are playing today. I invited the team plus the coach and the assistant coaches. We are all paying $5 to get in. The whole team except Jan and Jean are here.

"Afternoon," Lucy greeted as she walked through the front door of my house. "You ready to catch the bus?"

"Yep, just let me put my shoes on." I said running up the stairs. I sat in my room quickly putting my runners on my feet. I grabbed mums go card off the kitchen bench and walked back into the lounge room. "Lezz go! Bye mum and dad!"

"bye!" Mum shouted from wherever the hell she was.

"Nice shirt," Lucy said to me admiring our team jersey. Seeing as I don't own a Brisbane roar jersey or shirt, i will wear our jersey because our colour is orange, black and white like the roars.

"Back at cha," i said pointing to hers.

We both walked to the bus stop and waited for the bus to arrive.

Once it did, peoples heads popped out of nowhere.

"Hey girl," Maggie said in a stupid tone. We both laughed and jumped in. We sat down in a seat near the team. There were other people in the bus that were not in our team but where going to the game.

"Hey Gals!" I shouted in a stupid tone. They all laughed or smiled and greeted back. We started to be annoying people and sing 'the wheels on the bus go round and round' really loudly.

The last few team members were picked up and we had no more stops. We sang little mix songs, Miley Cyrus and Lorde songs until we got there.

Little Mix songs: Change your life, Dna, wings and move.

Lorde: Royals and Team.

Miley Cyrus: We cant stop, party in the USA.

We only sang them because there was no radio. LOL JOKES, just to piss people off and plus we worked as a team. TEAMWORK!

"Just us seventeen," I said to the lady at the ticket place as I put my sunnys off of my eyes and onto my head.

"That's a lot of people." The lady smiled.

"Yeah, its my whole soccer team." I smiled back.

"Nice. That will be eighty-five dollars thanks," she said and I handed her the correct amount of    money. "Have a good day."

"Thanks, you too." I said. "C'mon guys!"

I put my sunnys back over my eyes and They all followed me up the then ramp we picked our seats.

Lucy told the team that she was pregnant and they all said congrats and shit. We just talked about whats going on in our lives until the game started. 

About halfway through the first half I was asked something by my coach.

"Katie and Lucy. You guys can sing right?" The coach asked.

"Sure," I said. Im not that type of person that is up themselves for being able to sing.

"Well, the club is opening up a restaurant in the club and they need live singers to perform. Only on Friday night because thats when it will be busy 'cause thats when the seniors play. You in?" She asked. We both nodded. Sweet! A job I didn't even have to work for! I just have to do one of my favourite things in one of my favourite places.

Its half time and the roar are in the lead by one goal. 

I stood up off of my seat and grabbed my wallet.

"You want anything?" I asked Lucy.

"I'll come," she said. Some of the girls were behind me waiting for us.

"Nope, you're not," Hayley said.

"Yeah I am," she argued.

"No, tell her what you want!" Hayley argued back.

"Ugh, fine. Chips." She gave up. "But I'm paying."

We all walked away and totally ignored her.

We came back with all of the food we ordered or the girls ordered. I got potato gems... Stop judging me!

"Thanks," Lucy said as I handed her her hot chips. 

"No problem," I said as I sat down and opened up the water I brought with me from home. 

"Hey guys, guess what!" Maggie said as she stood in front  of us.

"What?" I asked. I started to drink the water.

"Jan and Jean are getting cut from the team," She said happily. I almost spat out the water after hearing that but thankfully I swallowed it before it left my mouth.

"Why?" I said laughing.

"Well the team doesn't like them, they never come to training and they aren't good enough to play next year." She stated and the whole team over heard her then cracked up laughing including us.

"Girls, the breakup is we are going to a going to the park to kick a ball around and maybe a game of soccer and for lunch we are having pizza. We are going to dinner to a restaurant." The assistant coach announced. "We will text you the date."

The game started up again and their was a red card straight away.

"How the hell is that a red card?!" Lauren shouted. She is on crutches now from the soccer game, unfortunately. We all stood up using our body to say 'WTF?'.

The winners were the Brisbane roar by one goal. This was the one goal they got at the start. We all caught the bus home and said our goodbyes. We all said see you soon and at breakup etc.