Chapter 14: Cheaters? Break-Ups? Too Much!

~Katie~

I kept elbowing Brandon in the ribs to piss him off. The mission was a success. 

"Ok class, you may go talk about what you are going to do," the teacher said before we went off with our partners somewhere. Brandon and I just sat down at a free desk. We both smiled with our eyebrows up. I put my hands under the desk and did the Awkward Turtle.

"Do you have an idea?" He asked. I looked up from my awkward turtle at him as he said that. I shook my head.

"How about a T.V. show? Something different, not many people would be doing that," I announced. He grinned and nodded his head in agreement. He look down for a second.

"Wait, what's your favourite T.V. show?" he asked as he looked up to face me. I looked at with a 'you-really-wanna-know' face.

"Alright, Austin and Ally," his face brightened up after I said that. I dunno why... But eh. I smiled back because who knows what I'm supposed to do.

"That's mine too! The  only song I know they do together is 'You can come to me'. That's our only choice. Wait there's one more," He said happily as I grinned back to show I was happy as well.  

I cut him off with "lets just do that one," I grinned. He nodded like a kids' parents asking if he wants lollies. Little bit childish. 

No sooner after this the bell had gone and the teacher was yelling about the assignments over the top of footsteps for the rush out. Brandon and I waited for the rush out of the door before we left. We almost walked out until the teacher called us back. We both looked at each other and tilted our heads back and slouched.

"You are my two smartest students. I expect more from you guys than the others. You have picked a song now right?" she asked and we nodded. She dismissed us from the class and we walked out.

Shit, she expects more from us. We should probably rehearse a lot because I have never heard Brandon sing before. I'm not saying that he's bad. He's perfect, I just need to get better at singing.

"Here's my number" he said as he pulled out a piece of paper. "I will meet you outside and you can come to my house to start to practise. Oh, and the name, Nathan came up with," he chuckled as did I. Of course if it's Nathan it's gotta be something stupid.

"Kk, I'll call you later," I said. He looked at me as I looked at him. He said bye as he walked away down one of the hall ways. I pulled out my phone and started to dial his number in a new contact.

Once I finished that I saw a sight I never had wanted to see in a million years. It was revolting. I saw Jan up on a locker with my ex boyfriend making-out. I was surprised that she would cheat on Brandon. I pulled out my phone a quickly as I could.

I searched for Brandons' contact and pressed on phone.

B: Katie, I thought you said later...

K: I know, but get over near the tuckshop now. It's important...

B: Be there in a second.

I took a picture just in case they broke apart before Brandon could get here.

He no sooner got here and he stood next to me and asked me what. I pointed to Ethan and Jan still goin at it.

"I'm sorry Brandon," I said as I put my hand on his shoulder. He looked at me portrayed that his own girlfriend would do that to him. He never did anything to her.

I heard Lucy's crutches from behind squeaking. She looked at what we were looking and she dropped her head and sighed. Brandon walked over towards them really angry.

"Really?" He asked calmly. She pushed Ethan away once she heard his voice and looked straight at Brandon.

"I didn't think you were here?! I can explain!" She said now looking panicked. SLUUUTTT! some kid yelled form behind us. Now there was a crowd surrounding the three of them.

"Yeah, I was here. I saw it all. I bet you can..." He paused for a second. "Because were done." he said calmly as he walked away. She ran after him trying to grab him arm. She grabbed onto his arm eventually. He just let her do it, he was pretty calm for someone who just found out his partner cheated on him.

"You just made my job a lot easier. I was going to break-up with you today anyway," he slipped his arm out of her firm grip. He just stood there shaking his head. Now it feels like the whole school is watching.

"Oh and by the way. You might wanna change your number plate, because we are never ever ever getting back together," he said in a stupid tone which made everyone laugh. He just walked away with Jan looking really upset.

Stupid, Stupid Girl.

I just stood there shaking my head. I looked to see Nathan over the other side of the circle. I looked at Lucy who was now focusing on the ground.

"Luc, Nathan's over there," I said as I pointed towards his direction. She just shrugged and we walked away together after the crowd dispersed.

"I have something to tell you Katie..." She paused as she looked at me and I gave her one of my 'I'm-listening' faces. "Nathan and I broke up on the weekend. I didn't want to tell you straight away because I was afraid an-" she said nervous and panicky.

"No worries, no need to be nervous. I understand," I cut her off with. If that was me I wouldn't of said anything after the break-up. I wouldn't have mentioned it to her as soon as she did.