Chapter 25 (Part 2): After-Party!

~The After-Party~

~Brandon~

We are in normal clothes now because we stopped off home to get changed into regular clothes.

"I've had like two beers and I'm not even drunk," Katie said swaying side to side. And yes she is drunk she is just too stubborn to admit it. I can't blame her, I've had two and a half beers already but at least I can see properly. She almost fell over but thank goodness I caught her. I sat her down on the chair and started walking off. "Can you get me another beer?"

I smiled and shook my head, I think she has had enough for one night.  It sucks that we still have to go back to school tomorrow to get signed out. We leave for schoolies or in our case, camping, on Saturday.

I walked inside to go do my business in a toilet of course. There is a massive line of people waiting to use these toilets.

I am surprized there is alcohol here because this is a teachers son that is holding this party. It's either she doesn't know or she doesn't care.

She be like YOLO.

Once I was finished I walked back outside to were the party was. I walked through the crowd of people dancing to a song and most have a beer in their hand. They all had beer breath, EW!

I got into sight of where Katie is supposed to be sitting. The sight of Katie on the ground with blood on her mouth and Jan towering over her broke my heart.

I can't stand to see my favourite girl in the world hurt or sick.

I ran through the smaller crowd of people. Jan was about to swing but thank goodness Lucy was there to grab her arm before it made contact. She said something and smirked but I couldn't hear because I was too far away. Jan went to swing at Lucy but I was there to stop it, I held on her arm tight so she couldn't move.

She spun around to face me. "I'm sorry Brandon, I didn't mean to hit her it was an accident. I want you back in my life please give me ne more chance please," She pleaded.

"That's complete Bull shit!" Katie complained in pain. Lucy walked over to try to help up Katie and she groaned many of times. "You did it on purpose."

"Jan, the amount of times you hurt her is unbelievable. You broke her arm, you punched her so many times and you kicked her in the knee when she told you she liked me," I said pointing to Katie. "She is the most important thing to me in the world to me!"

"You knew about that?" Jan asked. I nodded and she hissed at Katie.

"I found out myself, don't blame her!" I said getting really angry now.

"Brandon, she's not worth it. She will never forgive me. I guess it's a mutual feeling." I looked at Jan and shook my head. She started begging and trying to grab my arm. I walked over to Katie and cupped her face. I wiped the bit of blood trickling down the side of her mouth off.

"Are you ok?" I asked rubbing my hands up and down her arms.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Can we just go home, please," She asked. I shook my head and pulled her into a comforting hug.

"I know your not," I whispered in her ear. She gave me hug back and dug her head in my chest. I rested my chin on her head and rubbed up and down her back. "Lets go home."

We walked out and called my dad to come pick us up. He turned up not much longer after I called him because he was out at the service station getting milk.

We both jumped in the back seats of the car. Katie leaned up against me, she rested her head on my shoulder and I rested my hand on her waist. She was no sooner in a deep sleep.

We got to my house and I had to carry Katie, yep that's right, bridal style.

"What happened to her?" Mum asked as I walked through the door sounding a bit panicky. She ran over to her and wiped the tiny bit of blood on her mouth. "Is she ok?"

"A fight between Jan and her broke loose. She's fine but, thank god. I admitted something that is true but never wanted to say 'til later in the relationship," I said looking at Katie sleeping like a baby. She's not even heavy for me, not even a challenge. "I admitted that she is the most important thing in the world to me."

Justin and Bridget awed as they entered the room looking at Katie.

"She looks like a baby!" Justin said happily. How are they only getting home now, and why is everyone still up? It's half past one in the morning. The only person asleep would be Michael.

"What happened to her?" Bridget asked running up to her. She looked at her mouth and must've noticed a bit of blood there. "You didn't hurt her, did you?"

"Now why would I do that?" I asked rolling my eyes.

"Good, remember my warning about hurting her?" Justin said. I grinned and shook my head. Of course I bloody remember! 

I carried her upstairs and into my room, placing her softly down on the bed. I kissed her forehead and laid down next to her. I wrapped my arms around her waist and drifted of into my own deep sleep.

~Katie's POV~

"Can you get me another beer?" I asked Brandon. He was walking inside to use the men's room. He smiled and shook his head.

It's stupid that we still have to go back to school tomorrow to get signed out. We leave for schoolies or in our case, camping, on Saturday. After Brandon was out of site Jan blocked me from looking that way.

"What did I say about staying away from him?" Jan asked in a bitchy tone.

"I wasn't the one who asked him to be with me," I said honestly. Well I didn't sing to him, he sung to me.

"Stay away from him, got it?" She said.

"Now tell me how am I supposed to do that?" I asked smirking. She slapped me and pushed me off the chair. I fell to the ground with a loud THUD.

"The more you're with him, the more hurt you're gonna be. Got it?" I death stared her getting up on my back pushing up on my elbows. She went to punch me in the face when Lucy grabbed her arm firmly.

"Now you know it's not nice to punch." Lucy smirked.

Jan went to swing at Lucy but Brandon was back in time to stop her. He grabbed her arm stopping her from making contact.

She spun around to face Brandon. "I'm sorry Brandon, I didn't mean to hit her it was an accident. I want you back in my life please give me ne more chance please," She begged.

"That's complete Bull shit!" I complained. Lucy walked over to try to me help up and I groaned in pain. "You did it on purpose."

"Jan, the amount of times you hurt her is unbelievable. You broke her arm, you punched her so many times and you kicked her in the knee when she told you she liked me," Brandon said sticking up for me. "She is the most important thing to me in the world to me!"

"You knew about that?" Jan asked. He nodded, she turned to look at me and hissed. Are we all snakes now?

"I found out myself, don't blame her!" Brandon said with fire burning in his eyes.

"Brandon, she's not worth it. She will never forgive me. I guess it's a mutual feeling." She started begging and trying to grab his arm. He walked over to me and cupped my face. He wiped some blood coming out of my mouth with his thumb.

"Are you ok?" He asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Can we just go home, please," I asked. He shook his head and pulled me into a comforting hug. It felt like nothing could hurt me in those arms.

"I know your not," He whispered in my ear. I wrapped my arms around him giving him a hug. I dug my head further in his chest. He rested his chin on my head and rubbed up and down my back to comfort me. "Lets go home."

We walked out and Brandon called his dad to come pick us up. He turned up not much longer after he called him because he was out already.

We both jumped in the back seats of the car. I leaned up against me, I rested my head on his shoulder and he rested his hand on my waist. And that's when I dozed off.