Chapter 36: Happy New Year!

~Katie~

Today is new years eve! Yay!

It's almost 2014!

My phone started vibrating on the bedside table.

"Hello?" I answered.

"It's Dayna!"

"Oh hey! How's little Tori doing?"

"Really good! Thanks for asking!"

"Hey! Give my phone back!" Someone shouted in the background.

"I gotta go Katie, bye!" Dayna said really quickly and there was ruffling in the background.

"Hi Katie!" Charli yelled.

"Ow! Now I know what that feels like."

"Sorry, I was wondering if you are doing anything tonight for new years?"

"Do you have plans?"

"Nope, me and my friend have nothing in mind."

"Wait you have friends?"

"Screw you."

We laughed.

"I am going to my friends place and we walk somewhere from there, if you guys want to come!"

"Who is this friend you speak of?"

"Lucy, also my soccer friends and some school friends are going down to the park, I think."

"I'll be at your place at six." Charli hung up.

"Katie! We are leaving now!" Mum yelled. I ran into the lounge room to see mum and dad at the door with all of their luggage ready for their holiday together, with no kids.

"Bye mum and dad!" I said giving them a hug. "Happy new years for tonight and enjoy your holidays."

"Thanks sweetie. No parties while we are gone either," Mum warned.

"That was Josh last time! I was at my soccer sign on then at pre-season training!" I said, pulling away from the hug.

"We better get going, bye Katie and Josh." Mum said and dad said goodbye. "Have fun at white water world and dream world tomorrow!"

"I will, I might see you there if you end up going there," I said.

"Bye kids," dad said and quickly walked out of the house.

Once our parents where out of the house, Josh had his phone out texting people to come over.

"I'd laugh if you got caught," I said, laughing a bit.

"You have Brandon over a lot so why can't I have my friends over?" Josh asked. Damn... that is an easy question.

"Because they like Brandon and not your friends," I said, smirking.

"Shut-up!" He spat and I ran upstairs.

The door bell rang and I had to run back downstairs. I opened it and it was Charli and her friend.

"Ew," I said, chuckling.

"Screw you!" Charli said and I shut the door.

"I'm kidding, come in!" I opened up the door. "Thank you!" Charli said and walked inside.

"make yourself at home," I said, they sat down on the couch and I turned the TV on for them.

The door bell rang again but Josh beat me to it.

"Hey," Josh said to whoever it was.

They walked in and it was one of his mates.

He saw my cousin and something clicked.

"Hi," He said, nervously smiling to Charli.

"Hi," She said not nervously smiling but blushing.

Someone rang the goddam doorbell, again! I opened it this time though.

"Hey," Brandon said.

"Hi!" I yelled. We gave each other a kiss and he walked inside.

"Are you ready to go?" He asked.

"You don't mind if my cousin comes does she or her friend?"

"No, c'mon guys." Brandon rushed. We held hands down to the car and in the car.

We drove to Lucy's house and knocked on the door. Lucy answered the door and said hi.

We all dropped on the three seated couch, Charli and Jessie dropped on the two seated couch.

The team eventually turned up with their partners and some school friends turned up. Once everyone was here we all walked to the park at ten o'clock for dinner.

We had some salad sandwiches or fish and chips. I had a sandwich!

We bought some air horns and some party poppers. We all sat at the beachfront talking for an hour about shit.

"Five, four, three, two, one! Happy New Years!" Everyone at the park shouted, we blew our horns and popped our poppers.

"Happy new year, babe." Brandon said to me and we kissed. My first new years kiss!

We all said happy new years to each other and everyone went their separate ways. Charli and Jessie went to Jessie's house, Brandon, I, Lucy, Nathan and most of the soccer team stayed at Lucy's place and partied all night. We didn't end up going to bed until around six thirty.

We woke up and everyone left for the theme parks!

In white water world we went on all of the rides but the kid ones about five times. There was no lines because it's new years and most people spend that with their families.

In Dreamworld we went on all of the rides about three times each!

It was really good to hang out with some friends that I haven't seen in a while.

This all finished around five thirty and Brandon stayed at my house for the night.

Well, there is new years gone. One of the best new years I have ever had!

*****

Sorry that it was so short!

I have all of the ideas in my head, I just can't put them in words!