Chapter 30: Soccer Break-Up!

~Katie~

"Heyy," I greeted to the team. 

"Hey girl hey!" Hayley said. We all laughed at the tone she used. I looked to the other table and noticed Jan and Jean sitting there together, away from the team.

I looked at them then back at the team.

"Did you tell 'em yet?" I asked.

"Hell no," Rachel said.

"Ok, lets go play a game if soccer!" Maggie said grabbing the soccer ball off of the ground. 

"Leggo!" I shouted putting my hands up to catch the soccer-ball. She shook her head and pouted, holding the ball like its her life.

"Katie," Hayley said throwing me my captain band thing. "You have to wear this, for old times sake."

"Alright," I said slipping it up my arm. I handed Lucy my water bottle after having a mouthful. "Ill be back."

I ran off to the bathroom.

Once I was out I ran back to the girls.

"Katie! You're on my team," Lauren said. "Its jerseys verse polos or any shirt."

Im wearing my jersey so...

"Jan, Jean hurry up! We're waiting!" Rachel yelled. I looked at them then back at Rachel shaking my head.

"Why doesn't Lucy have to play?" Jean yelled.

"She has a good enough reason for it!" Tara shouted back.

"Oh yeah? And whats that?" Jan shouted back.

"She's hurt her ankle! What's your reason?" Maggie argued as the whole team looked at them. We are not telling Jan or Jean about her being pregnant or anything.

"We don't want to play," Jean said.

"Ok this may be your last chance to play for this team ever again!" Courtney said.

"What do ya mean?" Jan asked.

"Well, two people are getting cut from the team next year but we dunno who they are!" Skye lied. Jan and Jean both shrugged. "Get off your lazy asses and do something with your team!"

"No wonder why they are getting cut off," Tara mumbled and everyone giggled. They slowly walked over to the team and scowled at us. Well, they are a bit moody.

"Ok, goals are these trees. Jerseys go for the goal that is that way!" I said pointing to the trees that are a bit apart that are at opposite ends. "Shirts kick-off. You may need it first."

She threw the ball to them in the middle and they put it on an imaginary dot.

"Oh hell no!" Skye argued. We all laughed and the game started. 

Yay! We won by one goal but the game stopped because lunch was ready.

Yummy, Pizza! 

Its good to talk to the team and get along with each other. Well, Jan and Jean sat at a different table. LOSERS!

Once lunch was finished we went back to the sun and kicked the ball around in a circle. We didn't force Jan or Jean to play because its not worth it anymore. 

We started kicking the ball around but I saw out of the corner of my eye Jan and Jean started walking towards Lucy. They stopped in front of Lucy and I kicked the ball to anyone in the circle. I put my index finger up to tell them to stop for a second.

All of the girls stopped and walked up next to me. I looked at them then nodded. They know exactly what that means.

We all walked up behind Jan and smirked. They obviously didn't hear us walk up behind them.

"What is your problem?" Lucy asked Jan and Jean.

"Why were you allowed to sit out and we weren't?" Jean asked Lucy putting a hand on her shoulder.

"Because she had a good enough reason for it. And don't touch her," I said warningly.

"Why cant I touch her?"

"Because, I said so."

"Why? You aren't the boss of me."

"Well lets see. The team minus two verses two. Yeah, I think we win."

"Did somebody lose a dog or something because I think I found it." 

"I'd hit you but that would be animal abuse."

"Ok. Jan and Jean, leave before this gets ugly," Tara said.

"No, I think we should tell 'em about next year," The coach said.

"I agree," I said walking over to the coach as the team followed behind.

"Well girls, this is hard for me to say to you,"the coach started.  "Im sorry but the team next to me now, is the team next year. Sorry, but you didn't make the team next year."

Thats where everyone stopped and they shrugged it off thinking its a joke. 

We all went to dinner to Hogs Breath that night except for Jan and Jean.

Everybody bought their boyfriends so it was like seventeen double dates.

We played a game of boys verse girls in soccer also in the dark with minium light. 

Girls won!