Chapter 23: Shopping Spree

Pictures of Rick and McKenzie's kids are on quotev! "Can you be more Ocean" is my username!

*****

~The next week (Monday)~

~Katie~

Lucy and I walked through the front gates of the school. Thank god it's the last week.

"I saw your shot Katie! Good Shot!" Someone yelled from long distance away. Then everyone started clapping for us. They would have seen the shot if they had watched it at home.

"Good game girls!" Someone else shouted. I looked at Lucy and giggled as we walked through the path the people have made for us. We aren't famous, don't need to make a path for us. But if you insist, I'm not going to argue.

We walked to our lockers and Brandon leant against the locker next to me. I turned to him and smiled. He had something in his hand, he handed it to me and it was a newspaper. I read the headline and it said 'Bulldogs Goal Scored!' and It had a picture of confetti falling down on our team with the plaque in a team photo.

I turned it to the next page and it had pictures of the ball in the net, everyone chasing after me, me hugging my family, the big doggy pile, some hugs from the team, our team huddle and finally it had a picture of me doing the speech with the speech written below the picture.

I raised my eyebrows and grinned. Like I said, this is not w-league hard-core shit. I smiled and gave the news paper back to Brandon. I shut my locker and Nathan walked up to Lucy. They gave each other a kiss and we stood there.

"Where's my kiss?" Brandon said. I smiled and kissed two of my fingers and put them on his lips softly. I smirked and laughed. He shook his head and bent down to give me a kiss which I willingly accepted. "So have you guys got your tents yet because I'm going to BCF (Boating, Camping and Fishing store) later on if you want to come."

"Can we? We haven't got anything yet. Not even a bed or anything to hold our clothes," Nathan said and Brandon nodded. 

"Were are we going anyway?" I asked.

"It's at Imbil Island Resort. It's a remote place but there are toilets and showers," Brandon said. "At least we can have a fire going too. There is a restaurant a walk away so there is one or two nights for dinner or lunch gone."

"I think my mum wants me out of the house because she gave me three hundred and fifty bucks for this thing," I said. They all laughed as I laughed along with them. I also have about two hundred dollars saved from pocket money or birthday money.

-------------

"Ok! I'm making a music disc that has girls singers with Katie and your making one with Nathan that are guys singing," Lucy said and I nodded.

"See someone else agrees with me," I said looking at them.

"Fine what ever will get you girls to shut up," Brandon said smirking. Nathan chuckled and Brandon did which earns them a hit in the arm.

"Ow! That hurt!" Brandon shouted rubbing where he copped it.

"Don't be a baby," I said smiling trying hard to hold in the laughter. It didn't last for too long before it was set free.

Brandon pulled into a free parking spot before we all got out and walked into BCF. We walked into the shop and Lucy stopped tents up the top. We ran up the stairs like children like it was a competition.

----------

We decided instead of getting one big tent for $125 each we agreed on getting two smaller tents. The smaller tents were bigger than what we would have had in the other tent in room length.

(Pictures of the tents, air mattresses and the camping cupboards are on quotev.) 

We bought one of these tents each, one of these air mattresses each, a camping cupboard each and another one that would be for the food. All up that all come to about $185 each.

"Just those today?" The guy at the register asked Brandon.

"Yep," Brandon said as the guy started scanning them. I was over waiting with Lucy looking at a kayak at the front entrance. We turned around to walk back in to help the guys with carrying the stuff.

The guy that was scanning the barcodes on the tents and such. He finished scanning our items and looked at me than Lucy. I looked at Lucy and furrowed my eyebrows.

"Are you the girls out of the Bulldogs?" The guy asked. We nodded at the same time and smiled. He said "You girls did a great job."

We smiled and walked out with the tents and put them in the boot.

We went and bought some groceries and we are ready to go whenever.