Chapter 21: You can sing!

~Friday (Day before Final!)~

~Brandon~

It was good to see my cousin two weeks ago and for Katie and Josh to see their sister I thought as I laid in bed. Katie finally got her cast off, she was getting annoyed by it.

Katie's soccer finals are tomorrow and she is nervous.

"Brandon get up!" My mother screamed impatiently as she slammed my door open.

"I'm up!" I said sounding a bit pissed off. I hate it when I'm awake and people yell at me to get up. Mum stormed out of my room and I got up slowly. I got up and got changed into some jeans, a red shirt with writing on it that's all over the place and a denim jacket. I also grabbed some shoes that would go well with this outfit.

I drove to school in my car and parked it in the schools parking lot. I got out and locked it after I grabbed my backpack out of the back seat.

I walked up towards the hall and noticed Lucy and Katie walking there for some reason. I smirked evilly and rubbed my hands together to make out that I was making some evil plan.

I followed them into the hall making sure I didn't kick any equipment on the floor from the grade eights making a mess.

I walked up behind Katie and ran my fingers up her back. She shivered and tensed. She turned to face me and hit me in the arm.

"Don't do that. You know I'm nervous about soccer tomorrow!" She said hitting both my arms. I smirked and wrapped my arms around her waist. "what the heck."

She turned around and pulled me by the collar and kissed me passionately. I kissed back.

"Get a room!" Lucy shouted laughing. We both stopped and glared at her.

"Like you can talk!" Katie argued. I grinned, nodding along with what Katie said.

"What do you guys want to do?" I asked. They looked at me puzzled and I added "Schoolies or something else? I mean come on. School finishes for us in a week! We have to do something."

"I was thinking camping or something," Katie said as Lucy nodded along. I nodded as well. That's not a bad idea actually.

"We just need to buy the stuff for it. You know, beds, tents," Lucy added. Seeing as I work and Lucy works there's some easy money there. Plus, Katie said her Mum is giving her money to go. It's like Her mum doesn't want her at home.

If Lucy and Nathan were still together there is even more money saved because Nathan works too!

------------

Nathan had asked me today to ask Lucy if they could get back together and Lucy asked Katie the same thing. So I just dropped off Katie at Nathan's place and I'm on my way to Lucy's.

"Hi Mrs Donell? Is Lucy here?" I asked that lady that answered the door. She asked for my name and greeted me as I walked in. She told me Lucy was up in her room. I guess she is because music is playing kind of loud.

I think its Taylor Swift- You belong with me.

She was singing along to it. I dunno if she is mouthing it or something because it sounds similar to Taylor Swifts voice.

I stood there watching her sing and dance away to it. She turned at looked at me and jumped back. She ran over and turned her music off and glared at me.

"How long were you there for?" She asked.

"Long enough to know your a good singer," I said smiling and walking towards her. "The real reason I'm here for is that Nathan is asking for another chance. He said he was sorry about that fight you guys had in the hospital. He said he didn't mean any word he said in the hospital except for the part where he said I will always love you Lucy."

She sadly smiled and thanked me for coming and asked me to please leave so she could let that sink in. I smiled and walked out. Time to go pick up Katie.

~Katie's POV~

I waved bye to Brandon as he drove down the street. I took a deep breath and walked to the front door. I rang the door bell and the door flown open.

"Hi, Is Nathan here?" I asked who I would guess is his mum or aunty.

"who are you?" She asked sounding a bit pissed off.

"I'm Katie, one of Nathan's friend," I said. She forced a smile and opened the door for me to walk in. "Thanks."

I walked to the room that had music blaring from it which I'm guessing is Nathans room. It had an Eminem song with Rihanna in it. It's called 'Love the way you lie'.

He was singing the rap when I got to the door and stood leaning up against the frame. It got to the part when Rihanna sings. I sang this part to distract him:

Just gonna stand there

And watch me burn

But that's alright

Because I like

The way it hurts

"You're a good rapper" I said as he turned the music off. "But can you sing?"

He shrugged and I suggested a song Last Time by Taylor Swift and Gary Lightbody. (Only the chorus)

Right before your eyes,

I'm breaking and fast,

No reasons why,

Just you and me

This is the last time I'm asking you this,

Put my name on the top of your list,

This is the last time I'm asking you why,

You break my heart in the blink of an eye.

I clapped finding out he really can sing!

"I wasn't here to sing with you or anything. Lucy want's another go in your love life," I said looking straight at him.

He smiled and added "I asked Brandon to ask Lucy that for me."

I smiled and said goodbye after I heard a car horn. I walked out giving Brandon a smile and a thumbs up. He gave one back so I think they are back together now.

Great now soccer finals to worry about!