Prologue

~FIRST DAY OF THE LAST TERM OF SCHOOL (MONDAY)~

~Katie~

"KATIE!" I heard as I was doing my hair. I looked out the window and saw my best friend Lucy waving to me. I waved back while smiling. "Josh, c'mon, we are going" I yelled. I heard Josh yell "Hold on!" as I rolled my eyes. I walked down stairs and walk out the front door and hugged Lucy. I said "hey, How are ya?" She said "hey, good." We got into the car and I said "Hi Mrs Donell" she replied "Hi Katie" with a smile on her face.

Lucy and I walked through the front gate of the school seeing her boyfriend, Nathan. He ran up to her and caught her off guard. He picked her up and she started screaming, with a smile on her face though. I started laughing and everyone was watching them, Nathan was smiling. He put her down and everyone went back into their own conversations. I wiped the tears from my eyes and she turned around and yelled "Nathan!" He smiled and pecked her on the cheek.

She turned around and gave him a hug and then kissed him on the lips. They started making out and Miss. Welstcott walked past and said "you two separate now or I will get you both a detention." Miss Welstcott started walking towards the History block, She's my History teacher.

I mumbled "No wonder it's still 'Miss' Welstcott." I heard Nathan and Lucy giggle. Miss Welscott turned around and said "what did you just say?" I shot back "Nothing." and I smirked. "Shit" I whispered as I turned  to see Nathan and Lucy looking down laughing at Miss Welstcotts' reaction to what I said. It was pretty funny.

I walked into my first class which is Science with Lucy. We got there early and set up our stuff, me and Lucy talked about our soccer semis coming up soon. Nathan was kissing her neck trying to get her 'turned-on' I would guess. She said to Nathan "you should go to your maths class now" and smirked. She gave him a kiss before he left, He yelled "Bye Babe!" and put his hand in the air and waved.

She smiled and waved back "Bye Honey!" After he left Lucy instantly asked "do you still like Brandon?" I smiled and she says sarcastically "so that's a yes?" I shot back "yes" and smiled. Lucy smiled back at me, "He's still going out with Jan though" I said "Yeah, I know. She thinks she is the best at soccer.

"Worst player I have seen." Lucy snickered. Jan walked in and sat down like she's waiting for someone. I said "Okay, Hello Jan, how are you?" with the 'smart-ass' tone. She shot back "Oh, I'm sorry. Hello slut." Lucy looked at me and looked back at her and shaked her head.

Brandon walked in and said "Hi babe." and went to her desk and bent down and started making-out with her. I was making Vomit faces and Lucy snickered. They stopped and Jan looked at Lucy while Brandon smiled at me and waved, "What are you laughing at?" in a 'bitchy' tone. Lucy stumbled on her words, so I shot back "she had something in her nose." I heard Lucy whisper "Shit, didn't know you had that in you Katie." I smirked. I thought I am the fight-breaker in the soccer team, you might say the captain...

*BLING-BLING-BLING* We sat down in our correct seats. Mr Hudson walked in and said "hello students, today we are doing an experiment with crayons an-" I cut him off with "What are we doing with crayons? Drawing? SWEET!" Everyone laughed. He shot back "Ahh, Miss Welsh, Good to see you again. *sarcastic tone* Warning 1. Okay, now..." Blah, Blah, Blah. I heard Jan whisper "amateur." I just shook my head.

Near the end of the class he announced the groups for Wednesdays lesson. "Okay, Group two is Katie, Lucy..." We looked at each other and smiled and turned back up to the front. "...and Jan." Jan had a worried look on her face, the type of 'oh-no' face. I looked at Lucy and mouthed "This will be interesting" I turned to Jan and smiled.