Chapter 10: Fast Reaction Time

~Katie~

*Bang!*

"Ow, shit!" I heard while I was half asleep. I got up and Josh walked out holding his head. I chucked "Shut up!" he said playfully. I smiled at him and walked back into my room. The time is 7:12 in the morning so I have 48 minutes to get changed and ready for school before Lucy gets here.

~47 minutes later~

I walk downstairs and walked out to the front to wait for Lucy. Lucy turns up not much longer after I sit down.

"Hey Lucy!" I yelled as I stood up and started walking towards the car.

"Hey!" she replied. I jumped into the car and greeted her mum. On the way to school we just talked about the game yesterday and we rated each other on our performance. Me: 9.5/10 Reason: Could do better. Lucy: 9/10 Reason: Could do better. We smiled at each other playfully.

"Kidding! you get 2/10!" I grinned as I know what's coming for me.

"Fuck. Off." Lucy said while she punched my arm hard.

I walked through the front door of the school with Lucy. We were congratulated on our win from most people. Nathan frightened the daylights out of Lucy. While we were walking down the hallway I spotted Jan. I tried to avoid her at all costs. "Lucy, you comin' to the party tonight?" Nathan asked as she nodded. "Lucy, Jan's goin' to beat the shit out of us because of what we did..." I said. "Don't worry about it, Brandon's down there, Nathan's here and they won't let it happen. Neither will I." She replied.

We started walking down the hall where Jan was. Lucy bumped into her on purpose and Jan had an immediate reaction. She pushed Lucy against the lockers and started to stand on her foot with her heel on her high heels. She was trying to dig it in. It would of hurt, heaps. Lucy started moaning, I pushed Jan away from Lucy and it didn't do much. Jan swung at me while Brandon and Nathan were trying to hold her arms to pull her back.

Everyone stopped and watched cheering fight, fight, fight, fight! I copped a big kick in the wrist. I sat on the ground moaning, holding my wrist, for not long though. I got up and tackled Jan to the ground like I did in soccer. I called for Brandon's help. He put down his bags and helped me pin her down. "Calm down!" I screamed.

Lucy was sobbing while Nathan was hugging her to make it not seem as bad. Jan stopped squirming and I whispered "What the hell has happened to you, Jan? You used to be calm all of the time," to her. I got up and walked over to Lucy. I gave Lucy a hug and helped her to the nurses office.

*Bell*

I was walking to the nurses office to check on Lucy. I walked in and it was empty, only with the nurse in it. "Nurse, where is Lucy?" I asked. "Her injury was the heel, she needed an ambulance. It will probably go away in five days." She replied and I nodded.

I was walking up the street because I had to walk home. I heard "Katie!" from a small distance away. I looked behind me to see Brandon running up to me. "Hey Katie. Is Lucy okay?" He asked. "The nurse said it would were off in about five days." I replied. "I'm sorry about Jan, ever since the soccer game she has had anger management issues. She never had that before." He apologized. "Jan should be the one doing that, but thanks." I said.

We talked about the soccer game for a while. I had to walk in a dark alleyway because that was the way to get home. "Bye Brandon." I said before I entered. He walked away and I turned around and started walking through the alley. I could hear footsteps approaching me, I turned around to see Brandon once again, running up to me.

~Brandon~

"What are you doing?" She yelled. "I'm walking you home, I can't let you walk through this dark alley alone." I replied as I ran up to her. "Your very protective about your friends." I nodded.

I was looking at the sky, well what was left of it to see. I heard a squeal I looked to see Katie almost over. Thankfully, I had a quick reaction time and caught her in my arms. We froze looking into each others eyes, well what I could see of hers. I could see her warm, chocolate brown eyes. "You okay?" I asked still looking into her eyes. "I'm fine, thanks to you." She smiled.

We stoped gazing into each others eyes. During that time it felt like we were the only people left in the world. We were the last two survivors of the human race. 

"You will always be safe when your in these arms" I realised what I just said and started blushing. Thank goodness she couldn't see my face.

====================================================================================

SCENE!

HAHA! I bet you thought they might kiss! HAHA!

I'm hilarious :P JOKING!

No... I just want to say thanks for reading! I am not a good writer! That is why it's kind of all over the place!