Chapter 37: Australia Day!

Authors note: Australia day is a day where we celebrate Australia being found! (I think, haha) On this day we just celebrate by doing 'Australian' stuff. For example; We got to the beach, have a barbeque (Or Barbie!), play a game of cricket or anything! You can wear what ever the hell you want and not be judged by it! You can paint your face, wear umbrella hats, etc.

I would say its like an Australian July the 4th!

It's a great day that happens on the 26th of January! Well, at least I enjoy myself... with my cousins and friends!

*****

~Brandon~

"Who wants to bat first?" Katies nanna asked. I am spending the day with Katies family out at her grandparents farm. We are playing a game of cricket while one of her uncles cooks a barbie.

This is the biggest Australia day I have ever had! There is Katies family, my family, Lucys family, Nathans family and Bridgets!

"Brandon does!" Katie yelled, pushing me towards her nanna.

"I can't bat," I said, turning to Katie.

"Just go, I'm sure you can."

"Who else wants to go?" Her nanna, Iris, asked holding up another bat.

"Nathan!" Katie yelled pointing to him.

"But I cant bat," Nathan argued.

"Just go!" Lucy said, nudging him.

"Fine," He gave in and grabbed a bat off of Iris, I grabbed the other one.

We walked up to the front while Katie and Lucy went to go get Katies cousins, Lucys cousins, my cousins and Nathans cousins.

Half of my cousins would be on the internet because they are all at that stage. Some of them come out but other just sat in the lounge room.

Bangarang by Skrillex started playing from the speaker.

"Who put that on?" I asked Katie who walked up the dirt. She shrugged.

"Dunno but a water slide down that massive hill is getting set up after we eat our food!" Katie exclaimed.

"I swear, you are the biggest kid I've ever met." I smirked.

"How?"

"You still watch spongebob first of all!"

"Hey! You are never to old to watch spongebob!" She warned, pointing at me.

"Who's bowlin?" Iris asked.

"I am," My cousin Billy said taking the ball off of Iris. "I'll try not to go too hard."

"Just go!" I shouted adding a smirk. He got a really big run up and bowled a fast ball. I smacked it into another persons yard.

"Can't bat? Really?" Katie mimicked and I smiled. "Nathans bat!"

Nathan and I switched ends and gave a quick high-five around the middle of the 'pitch'.

Billy bowled it and Nathan smashed it into another field.

"So, you apparently can't bat either..." Katie mimicked.

I got caught out by my dad on about the twelve ball and Nathan got caught out the seventh which made me happier.

The game finished after an hour or so and we had food. There was so much food! There was steak, sausages, prawns, rissoles, salads and everything!

I got salads and a rissole with a roll so a rissole roll, I guess.

Once we all finished our food we sat with our cousins who where actually getting along with one another and sitting outside.

"Slip 'n' slides up!" Lucys uncle shouted. Everyone got up in a flash and ran inside to get changed. Most of the boys just took their shirt off. We ran to the slip and slide which was a massive one that went down a hill that was like at a forty-five degrees drop and continued for a while at the end.

My cousin went down first but on his butt, not stomach... Where is the fun in that?!

I looked around for kids before I said "Move aside bitches, lemme show you how it's done."

They all chuckled and moved out of the way. I got a massive run up and dived. I believe I can fly, I believe I can touch the sky...

I got down the bottom with detergent all over my face and in my eyes. I kept rubbing my eyes even thought I know it's not good for it but I can't resist!

I got up the top and Katie was there waving for me to come over. I ran over to her and we went down, together. We got to the end and kissed a few times before the next people come down.

Before we knew it, the time was six-thirty-five! Time flies when you're having fun...

We stopped for a snack break and went back on the slide for another hour or so. Despite the fact that there are snakes and everything around we just didn't give a shit. For the rest of the time we where awake, we all sat around in the garage and talked about our lives basically.

It got to about one-thirty before we all fell asleep on the couch, air mattresses, mattresses or on the floor of the lounge room.

It was really big day and I really enjoyed myself, personally.

Some people woke up at eight or earlier like me and some other people. Most people woke up at around ten.

We had a late Bacon and Eggs breakfast.

The slip and slide was still working so everyone, even the parents, went on it a few times. No one was hungry because of the big breakfast we polished off.

Most people left at around seven that night and some people stayed up there that night. I had to leave due to I have work tomorrow.