Chapter 38: Team Tryouts

This chapter was deleted for some unknown reason so here is what I remember from it and added on stuff!

*****

~Katie~

Today I have soccer tryouts! I am guaranteed in the team but it's only fair if everyone has to. I searched Maggies contact and pressed on phone.

It rang two times before she picked up and answered with "Hello?"

"Hey It's Katie!"

"Oh hey! Ive been meaning to add you as a contact I just haven't had time! So what's up?"

"Haha! Nothing much, just about to leave for soccer. How bout you?"

"I have been avoiding calls because Jan and Jean keep calling me to see if they are in the team. We already told them they aren't so why can't they just piss off?"

"Because they are Jan and Jean..."

"True!"

"How many people are trying out?"

"A shit load! There is a full team wanting to tryout!"

"Holy crap!"

"Good thing everyone last year is guaranteed a spot but Jan and Jean."

"Lucy is still a part of the team right?"

"Only like four people are able to join. Lucy knows that halfway through the season she can return and start playing."

"About that-"

"Football Australia said we are allowed one extra person for the team."

"Sweet!"

"Apparently the club is getting new colours."

"Please don't say orange and green because we would be labeled 'the carrots' instead of the bulldogs."

"I certainly hope not! I heard the colours look really cool together though."

"Not black and yellow either! I don't wanna be 'the carrots' or 'the bees'!"

"That would be funny!"

"No it freakin wouldn't!"

We laughed.

"Because of the high ratings on the soccer finals, womens soccer is getting there own TV channel now and club soccer like ours are getting shown on there!"

"Fucking great. We aren't professional players!"

"We apparently are. We are playing in massive stadiums all of the time now."

"This'll be great. No pressure for anyone!"

"I know! We apparently are gonna get promoted by getting put in the newspaper and shit now. We might get swarmed by crazy fans."

"That part I don't mind, for now."

"I think we might be the only last years people trying out."

"Why's that?" I asked, filling my water bottle up with a water jug.

"Because Tara is camping, Skye is leaving for a cruise, Lauren is overseas and everyone else either doesn't want to come or they are busy."

"I'm leaving soon so we can talk before the newbies come a long."

"That'll be good, captain."

"Stop calling me that! Co-captain."

"I am not the co-captain!"

"No one is the co-captain... So it's yours for the taking."

"Hold on a sec," Maggie said and yelled "tell her I'll be down in a second!" to her younger brother.

"I better let you get back to it, cya at soccer!"

"I am leaving now, cya then!"

I hung up.

"Mum, can you please drive me to soccer?!" I shouted and threw my water bottle in my shoulder, black nike bag. I zipped it up with no answer.

A car horn beeped out the front of the house. Just out of the corner of my eye, my phone lit up.

I walked over to it and opened the text. It was from Brandon and it read 'Heyy, I will drop you off at soccer and pick you up. Love you.' I threw my phone in my bag and yelled "never mind!"

I walked out the front and there sat Brandons car. I jumped in, said hello and kissed.

"Thanks for dropping me off." I smiled.

"No problem, I love your new boots too!" He said keeping his eyes on the road. The new boots where white with a black nike tick, a blue bottom with blue tags.

"Thanks! They won't stay white like that for long."

We pulled up at the soccer fields.

"Pick you up in two hours?"

"Yes thanks. I never asked you to be my driver you know, I am planning on going for my license soon."

"But I like driving you around, we spend more time together that way!" Brandon said and I couldn't help but awe. We kissed and said bye. I jumped out, strapped my bag around my shoulder and walked towards Maggies car. They where getting stuff out of the boot.

"Hi Maggie, Harper and Coach!" I said, hugging Maggie and giving Harper a high-five.

"You gonna join in Harper?" I asked Maggies eight year old brother. He plays soccer for the under nines this year.

"No, I have training tonight!" He said with glee,

smiling.

"You have fun kiddo!" I rubbed his head. He ran off down to his soccer training field while I helped with carrying the ball bag and some orange poles. We set everything up, Maggie and I talked while we waited for everyone to turn up.

Only half of the people turned up that where supposed to. Maggie, Jan, Jean and I are the only people from last year.

We did so much fitness, ball skills and ball control. We did a lap around the field, then a whole bunch of passing and techniques we could use. Maggie and I where the only ones hot and sweaty but not puffing near as much as anyone else was.

I helped carry everything up to the car. We packed everything into the boot and Brandon showed up not long after. I gave Maggie a goodbye hug and Harper a goodbye fist bump.

I jumped in Brandons car.

"Hey," I said and we kissed.

"Hey, how was it?" Brandon asked.

"Eh, it was fun but boring. We just passed the ball around for the last ten minutes instead of playing a game like usual."

"That's a bummer."

We drove to my place, we said goodbye, kissed and I walked inside. I had a cold shower, got changed into some duck pajamas and plopped in bed.

I got under the covers and dozed off.