Chapter 24: The Lead up to Graduation!

Pictures of Tuxedos, Corsage and Dresses are on Quotev (Of course!) "Can You Be More Ocean"

*****

~Friday (Graduation day)~

~Brandon~

 Ok, it's graduation night tonight and I went and got a tuxedo yesterday because all grade twelves got the day off for the formal tonight. I also went out yesterday to grab her a beautiful corsage.

On Tuesday Katie and I were asked to perform some songs in graduation. We basically forced Nathan and Lucy to sing on the graduation.

Lucy and Katie are singing 'Bridget Mendler - Hurricane' and 'No Doubt - Sunday Morning'

Nathan and I are singing 'Justin Timberlake - Rock your body'

Lucy and Nathan are singing 'Eminem ft. Rihanna - Love the way you lie'

Katie and I agreed on the song 'Maroon 5 ft. Christina Aguilera - Moves like Jagger'

Lucy and I are singing 'Taylor Swift ft. Gary Lightbody - Last Time'

Katie and Nathan are singing 'Pitball ft. Ke$ha - Timber'

All together we are singing 'Mike will made-It ft. Miley Cyrus, Wiz Khalifa and Juicy J - 23'

We are currently sitting in parade listening to the principles address. Every leader is sitting up the front with their flag. We have a speech planned like every team is supposed to.

"I would like to congratulate all grade twelves on their successes. They all worked very hard to get to where they are. Can we have a round of applause before we get the Captains, Vice captains and then the sport captains to make a speech," The principle said and everyone clapped.

"As you know, We are the school captains of twenty thirteen; Jordan and Justine..." The captains said. I sat there listening to about how they enjoyed their time here and make the best of it while you can.

Jan and the other vice captains did a speech of basically what the captains said. The first to make their speeches were the blue badgers; Peter and Elise because that team colour lost in both athletics and marks on report. Next were the yellow yaks; Daniel and Rachel because they came 3rd out of 4.

The red rhinos; Lucy and George, they were second so they were up next. Finally, it was us. Katie took a deep breath and I got up. I handed her my hand and she smiled and accepted it. Everyone in our sport group clapped and cheered for us as we went up to the podium. I put the speech on the podium and Katie started off.

"We are the captains for the green gorillas as you already know. Taking this position is one of the best things that has ever happened to me and Brandon. I surely was not expecting this position. When our HPE teacher come to tell us that those spots are opened if we wanted them, I remember not even thinking about it and nodding because I always wanted to be a captain of something in high-school" Katie said. She moved out of the way to let me do my speech.

"In high-school you have your ups and downs but that's life. I know some of you hate school and I know that because I was you. Sitting there watching the grade twelves leave school and I was jealous of them. I always whined about hating school but now I really do take that back. I want to stay in school now. You whine about the uniform policy's or the school rules, the consequences out there, in the real world, are not as simple as a detention or staying in after class."

"Exactly,  we understand about what you guys are going through right now. Being a teenager is one of the hardest phases people go through, but you can't just skip it. Being a teenager is when you have to make a decision of what you want to do later in school. When I was in grade nine I knew exactly what I wanted to be and that is a soccer player."