Chapter 11: Know you better

~Brandon~

Well, I pretty much admitted I liked Katie and I do like her, but yeah, it's just awkward. Is it wrong to like someone else when you're with someone? It is, I reckon. But ever since we met, I just can't seem to stop thinking about her. I mean I can dump Jan but it's harder than you think, she's popular so I will get crap about it from her friends, but that may be a risk I'm willing to take. It seems like Jan is gone though and Katie's my new girlfriend.

I'm going to leave our relationship be for a while though. I let go of Katie and smiled. I felt a rain drop on my shoulder, it kept spitting for a little while. Katie and I decided to ignore it for a while, so we kept walking. We just started to get to know each other a little bit better. I learned that she likes sports, singing and music, basically.

I felt another few rain drops. I looked up and they sky was a dark grey. It started raining heavily. I took off my jacket put it over Katie's head and took her under a roof. "Thanks Brandon." She said. "What are boy-..." She looked at me and smiled. "...that are friends are for." I grinned. I pulled out my phone and called Justin.

J: Hello?

B: It's me, can you pick us up?

J: Us? Who is us?

B: Katie and I, just pick us up.

J: You dumped Jan? ni-

B: No I didn't, we are friends.

J: Ok (He said sarcastically) and no can do little bro.

B: What? Why?

J: Bridget and I are going out.

B: Dude? Where are you going?

J: To that Chinese restaurant.

B: We are next to there... What time is your date?

J: Not for an hour.

B: So you can't spend 2 minutes to pick us up?

J: Ok, I'll be there soon.

*Hang up*

"Little bro?" I said. Katie smiled. I walked her around to the front of the Chinese restaurant to wait. We just kept learning new stuff about each other. I learned that she would do anything for soccer, she has no job because she is to contributed to soccer. "You looking forward to the party tonight?" I asked. "Yeah" She said.

"What's wrong?" I asked, but she hesitated to tell me. "Nothing" She replied but I didn't believe her.

"Brandon." I heard my brother say. I looked to see my brother waiting in the car, "C'mon Katie." I commanded. We walked to the car, Katie and I jumped in the back seats. "Thanks Justin" I said and he nodded.

We stopped at Katie house so she could get changed. Not much longer she was out, looking really nice. She is the complete opposite of Jan. Katie wears hoodies, t-shirts, Jeans, shorts, running shoes or canvas shoes. Jan wears high heels, skinny jeans, the fancy tops and crap. I like the way Katie dresses. It's simple and it suits her.

~Katie~

~1 hour later~

"Hi Katie!" Someone yelled. I couldn't recognize the voice until I looked closely at them. "Hi Nathan!" I screamed. I looked over to the couch and pulled out my phone to text Lucy.

[TO: LUC XO]

[FROM: KATIE BABE]

Hi Luc! Sorry I couldn't come to see you, I had to walk home. Hope you get better soon! <3 xx

[TO: KATIE BABE]

[FROM: LUC XO]

Hey! No problem! Thanks! I am bored, you want to play a game?

[TO: LUC XO]

[FROM: KATIE BABE]

Um, Ok? And has Nathan come to see you?

[TO: KATIE BABE]

[FROM: LUC XO]

Yes... Truth or dare?

[TO: LUC XO]

[FROM: KATIE BABE]

Truth...

[TO: KATIE BABE]

[FROM: LUC XO]

Who was your first crush and your first kiss?

[TO: LUC XO]

[FROM: KATIE BABE]

Um, Angus Bryhan and I never told you about my first kiss? Did I?

[TO: KATIE BABE]

[FROM: LUC XO]

No and It's about time I know! We had been best friend for a long time and you have never told me your first kiss!

[TO: LUC XO]

[FROM: KATIE BABE]

I've never... I have never kissed anyone.

[TO: KATIE BABE]

[FROM: LUC XO]

WTF!?!?!? How?! YOU'RE SO PRETTY!!!!!! YOU COULD HAVE TOLD ME A FEW YEARS AGO!

[TO: LUC XO]

[FROM: KATIE BABE]

I have never really been interested in boys... Till I met Brandon.

[TO: KATIE BABE]

[FROM: LUC XO]

Oh yeah! When we were younger we didn't talk about boys or crushes or anything often! But we both had a relationship? Oh yeah the jerk dude that cheated on you!

[TO: LUC XO]

[FROM: KATIE BABE]

I know :) I wish you hadn't of got hurt so you could come to this party! It hasn't started yet though! Yeah... It was the same time, remember? Ethan 'the bully' and I.

[TO: KATIE BABE]

[FROM: LUC XO]

Well you know who to blame for that. Ohh great, I have to go, I have to take my freakin' pain killer tablets :( cya.

[TO: LUC XO]

[FROM: KATIE BABE]

Cya! Get better soon! xx