5.

"Ahhhhhh!!!! Mother flippin' knick knack fudge balls!" I yelled out as I looked at the time on my phone. "I overslept again!"

I threw on my clothes, just blue skinny jeans, a black t-shirt and my all black Vans. I threw on my favorite olive green Bomber jacket.

I didn't have time to shower, and I didn't shower last night. I sprayed on a little bit of extra perfume, and I spent five minutes just smelling myself to make sure.

Lastly, I tied my hair up in a high ponytail, and I grabbed my backpack. I saw the plate of breakfast my mother left me. I felt bad that I didn't have enough time to eat it.

I stared sadly at it. It was covered in plastic wrap and sat on the table, waiting for me to devour it.

I walked to the front door and I opened it, catching the driver by surprise.

"Um.. Good morning, Mr. Uh......."

"Bradley. And good morning to you too. I was just making sure if you were alright, because we're running a little late."

"I am so sorry, Mr. Bradley," I said as I closed the door behind me and locked it. "I set my alarm, but it didn't go off."

"I see. Smart phones aren't all that smart. I am not just saying that because I am old, but just using standard things is much wiser," he explained.

Old man talk.

On the ride to school, I almost fell asleep. It was my fault for staying up and doing last minute homework, but if I didn't do it, then I would end up failing my classes.

I told Mr. Bradley to park down the street instead, to save me from the attention I desperately don't want.

He opened the door for me and I got out. "Thank you so much," I said as I gave him a small smile.

"Alright. I'll be seeing you in about 8 hours," he told me as he got back in the car and waited for me to start walking up the street before leaving.

When I got inside the school building, Maria was already waiting for me. "What took you so long?" She asked as she rushed over to me with her homework. She handed it to me.

"Copy it. I know you didn't do it," she told me, but I shook my head.

"I did it. But, it's probably all wrong," I replied with a laugh. I shrugged my shoulders as I began to walk to the library.

"Okay.."

"But we can compare answers." I gave her a wink as we walked into the library. I checked my phone and there was only 10 minutes before school started.

The library was pretty much empty. Only about four other students were there.

We found an empty table and sat down at it, and pulled out our work. I kind of changed most of my answers to hers. She was way smarter than me, so I sort of trusted her. Sort of.

I never know, I could pull through and get a better grade than her.

The bell rang and I groaned. "I don't want to go," I complained as threw the papers into my backpack. Maria grabbed my wrist and began to pull me.

"Oh, pobrecita," she said to me in Spanish and I just looked at her as she continued to pull me away.

"You should teach me Spanish or I'm going to fail Spanish class," I told her and she laughed.

"Fail? There is no way you are going to fail. It's easy," she said and I shook my head.

"But I don't want to learn Spanish. They gave me the class anyways, even when I picked German," I told her and she sighed.

"There's nothing wrong with learning Spanish. And the German teacher had a heart attack and will be out for a while, or so I heard."

I groaned again as we got to our first period class.

***

"Let's pway house." Hailey grabbed my hand and began to pull me toward her room.

"But you didn't eat," I told her and she shook her head.

"I wanna pway wit you," she replied as she continued to pull me. When we got inside her room, I followed her to her giant plastic kitchen.

She made me sit in her tiny, purple, plastic chair at her tiny, purple, plastic table. "I be mom, you be daughter," she told me as she began to pretend to cook. She pulled out plastic tomatoes and other vegetables.

She began to cut them with her plastic knife and then threw them into a plastic bowl and mixed them around with her hand, and then put them onto a plastic plate.

"Eat." She placed the plate down in front of me.

"How can I eat if I don't have any utensils?"

"Oops. Sowwy," she said as she got out a fork and a spoon and handed them to me.

"Thank you," I said with a smile.

After that, she made me play with her with Barbie dolls. It was fun being a kid again, and playing with Hailey. After an hour or two, I was able to get her to eat dinner.

"Don't go," she said with tears in her eyes as I stood in the doorway. "Stay! You can spend night."

"I'm sorry, Hailey. I have to get home.. I'll be here tomorrow," I assured her and tears began to roll down her cheeks.

That made my heart shatter into a million pieces. I went over to her and squatted down. I took her hands into mine.

"Hailey, you know I can't stay for too long. I have to get home and do some work from school. But I'll be here everyday in the week, okay? I'll play with you everyday," I said to her and she nodded as she sniffed.

"Okay...."

I smiled and gave her a big hug. "I'll see you tomorrow."

××××××××××××××××

Hey all! I finally updated a chapter.

Sorry if this one isn't that great.

Thank you all for reading. I have more than 300 reads, I'm so happy! :D

Don't forget to vote, comment and follow for more!!

~Bethany<3