46.

I got a call early in the morning, waking me up from my deep slumber. When I answered, it was Mr. Winchester. "Rise and shine, young one. I just made my move on the chess board. I hope you have something planned out, or else I win." He hung up afterwards, and I felt myself flying out of my bed as I rushed to get myself dressed.

I called Ryan and told him what his father had said to me, and we agreed to meet up to discuss about it.

"Where are you going?" Nathan's voice called out as I headed towards the front door, managing to put on my other shoe. I hopped around to see him going towards me, his face with an unreadable expression.

"Uh.." I didn't know what to say, I felt like a deer in front of headlights. I didn't want to lie to Nathan anymore, since he deserved the truth, but the more I tell him the truth, the more he's going to want to get involved with Ryan and I. "To meet Ryan.."

He sighed and slowly nodded his head, averting his gaze from me. "I know that you don't want me helping you, and I understand that. But, I really want to ease some weight off your shoulders. I see you sometimes, when you come home, you're all stressed out and breaking down. I don't like seeing you like that. You deserve to be happy." His gaze met mine as he reached out to touch the side of my face gently with his hand.

"Nathan... I..." I paused as I watched him inch closer to me, his lips going straight for mine. "I'll let you come with me... just this once..." I glanced at his eyes and then his lips.

I found myself closing my eyes as his lips touched mine. He held it there gently for a short amount of time, before pulling away. He held up his car keys and smiled. "I'll drive, then." I nodded as we left the house.

We got into his car, and I told him the address of this small restaurant. When we got there, I saw Ryan's car already parked there. I had flashbacks of the day where he picked me up in the rain. I shuddered and quickly disposed of those flashbacks. Nathan parked next to Ryan's car and we got down.

Ryan's face didn't look pleased when he saw Nathan, but he quickly put on a smile. He stood up from his chair and waved us over. I happily walked over, giving him an awkward side hug before sitting down. I sat across from Ryan and Nathan sat down right next to me.

"So, you brought him?" Ryan asked as he picked up his mug of coffee. He blew on it a little before taking a cautious sip. "I thought you weren't going to get him involved."

"Just for today, Ryan." A waitress walked up to our table and handed Nathan and I menus. "I came to discuss your father," I added as I opened the menu and scanned over the breakfast items.

"Okay. What do you think my father meant when he said that to you on the phone?" Ryan asked, and I put the menu down on the table and thought hard about it.

"I--"

"What did he say?" Nathan interrupted and I almost let out a sigh, but I suppressed it with a smile. I glanced over at Ryan who was looking right at me.

"You should catch him up then. I'll be in the restroom," Ryan said as he stood up, fixing the watch on his wrist while we walked away. I watched him as he disappeared around the corner. I took in a deep breath as I looked over at Nathan who was patiently waiting for an explanation.

"Well... It all started when I took that babysitting job..." I explained to him everything that has happened. From babysitting Hailey, to meeting Ryan, to getting the job and all the events up to now. I did my best not to miss any important details. It took a while for him to process the information, and he stood there with his gaze forward and his eyes slightly widened.

"Did you tell him?" Ryan asked, walking back to the table as he sat down, taking a big sip of his coffee that was cooled down by now. The waitress came back to take our orders, and I had to order for Nathan too, because he was still digesting the information. He had put a finger on his chin.