11.

Yes, I got intimidated easily. But when it came to Ryan, I argued with him back with no problem at all. I didn't get scared.

"I want you to keep a close eye on Ryan."

But that scared me.

"A close eye? Like spy on him?" I asked her and she crossed her arms.

"Somewhat. He's always caused so much trouble for this family. He's what you call an embarrassment. He made his father look like an incapable business man. But, with you here, you can handle him well," she explained as she paced around the room.

"I wouldn't say that. I just... I just get annoyed with him," I defended myself with a nervous chuckle. I scratched the back of my head, wondering what she's even thinking.

"You're slowly putting him in his place, and that is nothing more than what me and my husband could ask for. If you can take on this task, and keep doing what you're doing, we'll double the amount we give you."

My eyes widened and my jaws dropped. That would be so much money. But how could I even deal with that annoying sack of crap?

"Um... Mrs. Winchester, I feel like you've got the wrong idea. I just argue with him, that's all," I told her, but she shook her head, not bothering to listen what I have to say.

"I don't believe I do. Trust me, and take on this task."

"If money is what you think I want, you're wrong, Mrs. Winchester. I'm happy with just babysitting Hailey," I said, scared of how she'll react after I told her she was wrong.

She smiled as she sighed, moving her hands to her hips. "Thank you. I appreciate what you have done for Hailey, and she has too. And I am not trying to bribe you, so you're wrong. A good deed should not go unrewarded, and you would definitely be doing a good deed."

"Mrs. Winchester, I--"

"Kimberly, just think about it. Please. At least for a week, and then give me your answer," she said, cutting me off. She patted me on the shoulder. "You may go home now, thank you," she added before leaving the room.

I sighed as I walked out of the room, where Ryan was walking towards me. "Are you finally fired from your job?" He asked me and I glared at him.

"I don't get fired easily, sorry to break it to you, sweetheart. I guess I just do my job well," I said as I walked passed him. He grabbed my wrist roughly and spun me around, forcing me to look at him.

"Don't walk away while I am talking to you," he demanded and I tried to yank my hand away, but he kept his firm grip on my wrist.

"Let me go!" I raised my voice and he pulled me into a room, his hand over my mouth.

"Watch it. I'll be going to the school you're at... And you'll understand exactly why I am not the person to be messing with," he warned, coldly as he spoke in a low voice. He sent chills down my spine.

I stomped on his foot and he yelped in pain. I made a run for it, but he grabbed me and pushed me against the wall.

"Leave me alone. I've never done anything to you!" I tried to push him away.

"Are you finally scared of me? Have you come to a realization that I could be your biggest nightmare?"

"No. I think you're pathetic. And what? You want to make my life a living hell? I've been through so much, you don't even know. So stop trying to put me in my place when you don't even know yours!"

I was able to break free and I ran out of the room, and out of the house. Mr. Bradley was outside leaning against his car, smoking and enjoying the weather.

He was startled when I ran out, and dropped his cigarette on the ground. "Oh my, scared the shit out of me," he said as he picked up his cigarette off the ground. "Whoops, excuse my language."

"It's fine. Can you take me home now?" I asked, suddenly feeling tired and he nodded.

"Are you alright? You don't look too good..."

"I'm fine... I just want to go home and rest," I responded as I got into the backseat of the car.

Mr. Bradley put out his cigarette and disposed of it. He got in the car and turned it on. "Don't pay attention too much to Mr. Ryan," Mr. Bradley spoke as soon as we got onto the road.

"I don't really want to talk about him right now... I've done my best to tolerate him..."

"Don't try to tolerate him, try to understand him. There's many reasons behind why he acts that way. And don't let him discourage you from watching over little Hailey."

"Of course it won't, I love to babysit her. But what are those many reasons?" I asked, a little curious.

"I cannot say, those are for you to find out on your own," he answered and I sighed, thinking he would say something like that. I don't want to figure it out, I just want to know.

"I shouldn't. I don't want to...."

"The more you learn about the people around you, the more you learn about the world," Mr. Bradley told me as we pulled up in front of my house.

"Thank you, Mr. Bradley. I'll see you later, bye."

"Goodbye, get well soon," he told me as I stepped out of the car and closed the door behind me.

When I got inside, Nathan was asleep on the couch in the living room. I went over to him and got on my knees in front of him.

I watched him, he looked so tired. I bet he had a long day today, I hope it was better than mine, at least.

He opened his eyes slowly and I smiled. "Sorry, didn't mean to wake you," I said, but he shook his head slowly.

"It's fine. I was waiting for you anyways," he answered in a sleepy voice. I pinched his cheek gently and he swatted my hand away.

"I'm going to go crash, too. Go back to sleep, now that I am here. Safe and sound," I said as I stood up. I bent over and kissed him on the forehead. He smiled as he looked up at me.

"You're really pretty," he told me and I blushed.

"N-No, I'm n-not." I stuttered, finding a hard time coming up with the right words to say to him. That wasn't fair, just saying that. I wasn't even expecting that from him. "J-Just go to sleep."

I rushed out of the living room and into my bedroom. I locked the door behind me and then I jumped onto my bed.

I would love to think about what Nathan said and what Ryan said, but I was really sleepy. I just wanted to go to bed.

××××××××××××××××××

I'm on fire with these updates. I had all these ideas that just rushed to my head.

I don't have a certain update schedule. I just update whenever I want and can.

Thank you all for reading this :)

I got I've 700 reads now :DDD

I am so happy and excited. And super grateful for your Votes and Comments. Thank you so much!!!!

~Bethany<3