30.

"What does garlic look like?"

"Bell peppers are those green things right? And the red and yellow ones too?"

Ryan kept asking me questions while we shopped. And it amazed me at how many questions he had. But then again, I just realized how he grew up in a wealthy family, where he didn't even have to go shopping or cook. They always had someone to do it for them.

Though, I'm not hating or anything. I'd do the same if I had extra money to spend, because shopping for groceries and cooking are not exactly in my list of interests.

"How often do you workout?" I asked Ryan, throwing a bag of Doritos and Hot Cheetos in the cart. I felt bad for asking him and then throwing junk food, but I love to veg around and munch on chips.

"Four times a week. Ever since the last fight, which I lost badly, I've been wanting to improve," he answered. I could hear the honesty in his voice.

"Have you ever considered protein shakes? Or even protein bars?"

"Um... I would, but I barely have any money left."

We walked down the juice aisle and I instructed him to put a pack of Gatorade and a large pack of water bottles in the cart.

We had walked out with a cart full of items when we were done shopping. It was packed to the brim, but I felt proud of myself for some reason. I felt that I was truly helping Ryan, and it felt great, for a split moment.

Then, I kind of felt uneasy knowing that I was using Mr. Winchester's money. It's obvious that Ryan dislikes his dad, yet I was using his dad's money to help pay for everything. So, then, it means Mr. Winchester is helping Ryan survive? Or is it me?

"Hey, you okay?" Ryan asked, loading some groceries into the trunk of the rental car. He noticed something was up, but since I've already went this far lying to him, I guess it wouldn't hurt to continue.

"I'm fine, I just don't feel good. I might be getting a cold," I answered, putting some bags in.

"I'll do the rest then. Go ahead and get in," Ryan told me, handing me the keys. "Start it up and get the heater running, it's really cold."

"You sure?"

"Yes."

I took the keys and got in the passenger side. I reached over and plugged the key into the ignition and started it up. I watched Ryan from the side view mirror as he loaded the rest of the groceries into the trunk.

I felt bad. For absolutely everything. And the more I looked at Ryan, I wanted to cry.

***

"Wow, I never thought my apartment would be fully stocked of things," Ryan said, after we put everything away. I chuckled as I made myself a bowl of cereal. Honey Bunches of Oats was my favorite cereal, so I made sure to get that.

"Yep. And so now, when you go workout, you can have a protein shake or bar afterwards," I told him, happily as I gave him a bright smile. He nodded in agreement.

"Where'd you get all this money anyways?"

"It's the money I earned while babysitting Hailey. I hardly spent it, so I have plenty of it. Why?"

"Oh. How was Hailey the last time you saw her?" Ryan asked, looking concerned. It made me remember when I first met him. He always threatened me to get away from her. I wished to go back to those times, when it was better than this.

"She was good, very happy and playful. She misses you all the time. And now that I'm gone, I really hope she's doing fine," I answered him with a sad tone. I had totally forgotten about that little sweetheart. I missed her a bit after mentioning her. I remembered all those Barbie dolls she had.

"Well, what do you plan to do now that you're going to be staying with me?" I looked over at Ryan and then down at my bowl of cereal. I hated talking while I had cereal because it always gets soggy. I picked up the spoon and moved the cereal around in the bowl.

"Um... I don't know yet. I guess right now, the plan is to be...happy?" I answered in more of a question form. I shrugged my shoulders before putting a mouth full of slightly soggy cereal.

I turned my head and he was standing there with a grin on his face. "I'm already happy. And to be really honest, I was extremely happy when you first came. I admit I was really surprised that you even found me, but I was happy I could see you again."

I smiled and blushed, turning my face away and stuffing my face with cereal again. "I couldn't stop thinking about you, so I was determined to find you. And when I did, I can't even express the emotion I felt. But now that I am here with you..." I paused, I wasn't sure how to finish it.

I wanted to tell him that I wanted to be with him for a long time. That I was ready for the ups and downs in a relationship. But no matter how many times I want to forget, Mr. Winchester pops into my mind, warning me not to forget my main mission of being here.

"I just want us to be happy," I finished, giving him a convincing smile. He smiled back and he pulled me into a hug. His strong arms were wrapped around me tightly, and my head rested against his chest.

I could hear his beating heart. And it made me smile, knowing that I could make his heart race.

We stayed like this for a while, standing in the kitchen with our arms around each other, and our hearts beating in unison.

I enjoyed this moment, but at the same time, I felt pain.

I felt the pain knowing this would not last for very long...

××××××××××××××××××××××

Thank you guys for reading :)

I finished writing this at school, right before lunch.

So I hope you enjoyed it and don't forget to leave a Vote.

~Bethany<3