Chapter 46

"You need to calm down,damon." Bonnie said.

"Why should i? You have gotten away with lying to me for so long now!" He said.

"You're going to scare him. Do you really want to do that?" She said.

Damon stared down at brighton who was starring back. So he decided to place him back into his crib. Bonnie walked towards them but damon stopped her. "I'm not letting you take him from me."

"I'm his mother and he needs me. " She said.

"And im his father,why did you lie to me?" He retorted.

"I don't know what you talking about." She lied.

Damon took out the paternity results and gave it to her. "Do you see what im talking about now?"

"How did you get this?" She asked.

"That's not what's important,bonnie. He is my son and im not leaving without him." He said.

"You don't have no choice,damon." She said.

"Try me!" He shouted.

Brighton begins to cry and bonnie tried again to go to him. But damon stopped her again. "Get out of my way now!" She said.

Damon moved him and bonnie towards the wall. "You lied to me for almost a year."

"You broke up with me. All you wanted from me was sex." She said.

"You slept with enzo in our bed. You knew the whole entire time that he is mine!" He said.

"Do you hear yourself? You think everything is about punishing you. I did what i had to do for my son so let go of me,damon." She said.

"That is exactly what you did to me. You didn't even think about me." He said.

"He comes first Damon!" She yelled then pushed him. Damon held her arms they gotten closer.

"What's going on here Bonnie?" Benji asked.

"Damon,don't do this now." Bonnie said.

Damon looked into her eyes then at brighton. He let her go to him.

"Everything is fine,benji." Bonnie said then picked Brighton up.

"Who are you?" Benji asked.

"That's damon salvatore...he's brighton father." She said feeling like the first time she felt ease with the reality of it all.

Benji nodded then went back downstairs.

"I will be downstairs too. I'm not leaving here." Damon said.

Bonnie kissed brighton as damon left the room.

Damon took out a small bottle of bourbon to ease his nerve. Bonnie came downstairs and joined him in the dining room."I didn't mean to scare him,bon." He said.

"Yeah. " She said.

"How come you didn't-" He begin

"Damon,alot was going on but there wasn't a day that i didn't want to. I just couldn't tell you." She said.

"What?" He said.

"We broke up and you got back with Elena. She's your wife and you know how much a child mean to her." She said.

Damon stared.

"You didn't think about that. Neither of us did and i want to protect him." She said.

"My kid will not be calling enzo daddy." He said.

"I never planned for him to but he needs a father. You are not giving up Elena." She said.

"I'm not giving up my son either. Me and Elena will have to make this work somehow." He said.

"You live in Mystic Falls and we live in Arizona." She said.

"And?" He said.

"I'm not letting him go with you and im not breaking Elena's heart like this,damon." She said.